Filipino Gangs

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
nela_4lyf
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Filipino Gangs

Unread post by nela_4lyf » May 2nd, 2004, 1:29 pm

Tau Gamma Pinoy (Gang) started i believe in 1986, if not 1987. I'm not sure if any of the original founders of TGP (Gang) had ties to the original Tau Gamma Phi in Philippines. The second, third and forth generations, that's a different story, alot of them were from Tau Gamma Phi (PI) that came to the US and joined "the gang". A few of the older Satanas members were also Tau Gamm Phi (PI). In my opinion, they use frat names to lure in members, it works bcause the name has already been established and is well known to the Pinoy community. Example. TGP, when thye came out , they came out with numbersssss. Same with SRB, RPB even AKP. AKP came out pretty late though, they started banging when gangbanging was dying out. The original AKP here in SoCal started in 1992/93 in Tustin High School (Orange County), that's when they were 'established' but they started gangbanging a few years later 95/96. Another set of AKP (Different from the one in OC) popped up in LA around the same time.. it was confusing for a minute, some were claiming Bloods, some were Crips, the rest were confused hahahaha.

mista_shadow
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Location: manila philippines but grew up in san pedro california

Unread post by mista_shadow » May 5th, 2004, 12:12 am

Tau Gamma Pinoy (Gang) started i believe in 1986, if not 1987. I'm not sure if any of the original founders of TGP (Gang) had ties to the original Tau Gamma Phi in Philippines. The second, third and forth generations, that's a different story, alot of them were from Tau Gamma Phi (PI) that came to the US and joined "the gang". A few of the older Satanas members were also Tau Gamm Phi (PI). In my opinion, they use frat names to lure in members, it works bcause the name has already been established and is well known to the Pinoy community. Example. TGP, when thye came out , they came out with numbersssss. Same with SRB, RPB even AKP. AKP came out pretty late though, they started banging when gangbanging was dying out. The original AKP here in SoCal started in 1992/93 in Tustin High School (Orange County), that's when they were 'established' but they started gangbanging a few years later 95/96. Another set of AKP (Different from the one in OC) popped up in LA around the same time.. it was confusing for a minute, some were claiming Bloods, some were Crips, the rest were confused hahahaha.
-ME AND MY BRODS HERE ARE WONDERING HOW THE GROUP TAU GAMMA PINOY WAS FORMED IF INDEED THEY WERE FOUNDED BY MEMBERS OF TAU GAMMA PHI THAT WOULD BE QUITE DISAPPOINTING CAUSE OUR TENETS TEACH US TO AVOID VIOLENCE UNLESSS THERE IS NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE.THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE OF OF OLDER SATANAS MEMBERS BEING FROM TAU GAMMA PHI SOME MEMBERS INCLUDING MYSELF WERE INVOLVED IN STREETGANGS BEFORE JOINING THE FRATERNITY BUT WE ARE NOT A GANGSTER FRATERNITY WE ARE A PRO-PEOPLE FRAT AND ONE OF THE MOST DYNAMIC AND LARGEST FRATERNITIES IN THE PHILIPPINES. YES MY FRATERNITY HAS THE REPUTATION AS NEVER BEING BEATEN BY ANOTHER FRAT BUT THATS ONLY BECAUSE WE ARE CONSTANTLY CHALLENGED AND ARE GIVING NO CHOICE BUT TO RESPOND IN DEFENSE.ANYWAY I DONT WANT TO SOUND PREACHY.JUST WANT TO CLARIFY THE REAL MEANING OF THE TAU GAMMA PHI SUPREME FRATERNITY WE ARE FOR THE PEOPLE AND ONLY FIGHT IN DEFENSE OF OURSELVES AND OUR BELOVED BROTHERHOOD...AKP IS ANOTHER MATTER THOSE **** ARE A BADNAME PERIOD...

FUSNOWMAN
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by FUSNOWMAN » May 9th, 2004, 6:43 pm

What was some of the filipino gang wars in los angeles or did they fight among themselves?

86OG

Unread post by 86OG » May 10th, 2004, 2:12 pm

Which world do you live in mistah_shadow? TGP uses nothing but violence to get their message accross their enemies. I've been in Pinas may times, i have relatives from both Tau Gamma Phi and Alpha Phi Omega. I've seen what they do.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » May 10th, 2004, 3:11 pm

Were there any Filipino gangs in L.A. during the 40's-50's?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » May 10th, 2004, 3:48 pm

Silencioso wrote:Were there any Filipino gangs in L.A. during the 40's-50's?
Can't say, never heard of any street gang. But the Manongs did have their barkadas...that is a given. Not much mixing between the whites and that wave of Pinoys that picked fruits/vegetables in the Northern/Central Cali regions. There was legislation passed in the 1930's barring immigration of "Malay-descent people" due to the Manongs spending too much time with the white women. I think in the 40's, WWII took more precedent over homeland issues, and a lot of the filipinos were ditching their field work and joining the US armed forces.

But typically, filipinos have crews or "barkadas"...like a gang of friends. Not necesarrily a street gang, just a group of friends they roll with. Very clickish people.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » May 10th, 2004, 3:49 pm

86OG wrote:Which world do you live in mistah_shadow? TGP uses nothing but violence to get their message accross their enemies. I've been in Pinas may times, i have relatives from both Tau Gamma Phi and Alpha Phi Omega. I've seen what they do.
I hear the frats are worse than some of the gangs here. They rumble nasty sometimes, with heavy equipment I heard, depending on where.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » May 10th, 2004, 3:51 pm

FUSNOWMAN wrote:What was some of the filipino gang wars in los angeles or did they fight among themselves?
I think I stated this before on another thread. But the main point is that it's all pretty much over in the LOS. Unless some youngster decides to read posts on the NET and make it come back???

I can hit you PM if you want, let me know where your from and what you want to know for.

mista_shadow
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mista_shadow » May 10th, 2004, 11:11 pm

i live in the world of reality foo..i never said we were angels if you read my post it reads we are a frat for the people but unfortunately violence became a part of fraternity culture in the philippines due to the infamous frat wars of the 60's and 70's that developed long lasting rivalries..i've been here in the pi for five years now i've seen and been on the good and bad sides to the fraternity system which i've been a part of since 2000...

quicc
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by quicc » May 11th, 2004, 7:28 pm

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:
86OG wrote:Which world do you live in mistah_shadow? TGP uses nothing but violence to get their message accross their enemies. I've been in Pinas may times, i have relatives from both Tau Gamma Phi and Alpha Phi Omega. I've seen what they do.
I hear the frats are worse than some of the gangs here. They rumble nasty sometimes, with heavy equipment I heard, depending on where.
yeah i heard that too. the frats really throw down.

mista shadow theres also zeta phi rho and theta delta beta which is underground (the dark boyz). both with quad chapters down here in cali.

mista_shadow
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mista_shadow » May 11th, 2004, 11:23 pm

yea truwe i'll admit we throw it down real nasty over here but only when there is no other alternative also there are brods who do not join to benefit from our tenets but just for the name and back up..its a sad but true reality in some parts..but we do try to have and do have positive contributions that we give to the communities in our areas.. but unfortunately violence has been a part of philippines frat culture for along time its something thats there and what can be done about it?not much but we do try as much as possible to give as many possitive contributions such as community projects,etc...so that we're not overshadowed by the rumbles that occur from time to time...

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 24th, 2010, 8:28 pm

PREACH wrote:filipino gangs in hawaii that i know of are , cross suns...

Cross Suns, they rock tats of a Cross with No Guts, No Glory inside right?
Using the same "G" for guts and glory?

I ran into a few of those fools when I was on vacation out there, in Salt Lake near Aliamanu Jr high(i probably butchered the spelling and i apologize), they seemed like some G's but were breakdancing and beatboxing and quite friendly, I swooped some smoke from them. I'd forgot all about that till i read your post.

dell
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dell » August 30th, 2010, 5:19 pm

are there any new flip gangs ?

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » September 1st, 2010, 1:10 am

A list of some Filipino crews from back in the day: Artesia Boys (ABS), Crazy Boldheaded Assholes/ Crazy Boldhead Association (CBA), Blind Side/ Blind Sided Dogs (BSD), there was another crew that went by BSD but stood for Bomb Squad, Pinoy By Law (PBL), Main Source (MS), Wicked Down Kriminals (WDK), Tokers Klan (TK), Ruff House Posse (RHP), Juvenile Villain Criminals (JVC), Boys of Sinister Style (BOSS), South Side Pinay (SSP), Ladies of Ecstacy then turned into Ladies of Sweet Temptation (LOST). Jus some of the ones I remember right now. From all over including Long Beach all the way down to San Diego. These are crews and NOT gangs from the 90's. Some of these crews acted like g's and even had beef with each other. While others were a bunch of high school friends who jus kicked it and partied together. A couple listed were more like tagging crews. Some of these crews had heads who would later join the major league Filipino gangs. Back then jus about everyone kicked it with somebody.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » September 1st, 2010, 1:21 am

^A couple on the list were party crews, remember those? Haha..

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » September 1st, 2010, 11:32 am

triplethreat wrote:A list of some Filipino crews from back in the day: Artesia Boys (ABS), Crazy Boldheaded Assholes/ Crazy Boldhead Association (CBA), Blind Side/ Blind Sided Dogs (BSD), there was another crew that went by BSD but stood for Bomb Squad, Pinoy By Law (PBL), Main Source (MS), Wicked Down Kriminals (WDK), Tokers Klan (TK), Ruff House Posse (RHP), Juvenile Villain Criminals (JVC), Boys of Sinister Style (BOSS), South Side Pinay (SSP), Ladies of Ecstacy then turned into Ladies of Sweet Temptation (LOST). Jus some of the ones I remember right now. From all over including Long Beach all the way down to San Diego. These are crews and NOT gangs from the 90's. Some of these crews acted like g's and even had beef with each other. While others were a bunch of high school friends who jus kicked it and partied together. A couple listed were more like tagging crews. Some of these crews had heads who would later join the major league Filipino gangs. Back then jus about everyone kicked it with somebody.
I think I remember Artesia Boys, didn't they start beefing with Artax3 and then eventually sort of got absorbed into Cerritos STS after that?

Speaking of Crews/Party crews, there was also DFM(down for mine), a tagging/party crew which threw HUGE bangers out in the E/S Buena Park area, near the 5 fwy by Buena Park lumber, in the back yard of that huuuuge ass white house on Beach Blvd near 9th street( i think the house is a historical landmark in the city now), they had some pinoy and mexican members which were from LVM and SZA, as well as a few ravers from Barrio Los Coyotes that put it down with DFM. This was from like 93-98.

I only remember those fools because I had a lady who lived in E/S BP's hood and used to hit up there parties, back when the party crew scene was still on and popping.

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: nowhere

Unread post by caliboi » September 1st, 2010, 4:49 pm

i think satanas, jfx, and pr were the craziest in l.a. county overall

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » September 3rd, 2010, 3:47 am

Your right Bullet, Artesia Boys did have connections with Cerritos STS. Some of the Artesia Boys were eventually from STS while others jus stayed ABS. I believe they both pretty much backed up each other and were almost one in the same. PBL was cool with STS also. But don't think they were connected like Artesia Boys and STS were. Since STS was the dominant Filipino gang in the area they had a lot of influence on local crews. And I remember everyone over there had beef with Arta back then. I heard before how ppl had bricks thrown at their cars for driving through their hood. I guess guys from Arta would jus go after any "Asian" looking car. Haha, yea nobody liked them.