White Power, Black Power and La Raza-any difference?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9254
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

White Power, Black Power and La Raza-any difference?

Unread post by alexalonso » September 19th, 2007, 2:25 pm

What is the difference between White Power, Black Power and La Raza? They are all about pride. La Raza seems to be big on College and University campuses, Black Power of the 1960 was about self defense and slightly radical, and White Power appears to be the most violent.

All are bitter about something.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2079
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 12:22 pm
What city do you live in now?: New York City
Location: L.A. to Brooklyn, NY

Unread post by Cold Bear » September 19th, 2007, 2:46 pm

Black Power back in the 1960's was about self defense and some socialism, but the NBPP is more radical than the old BPP.

I went to the African American Day Parade to participate with an organization. I myself am not African American but I marched in it. The New Black Panther Party was there and they are often labeled a racist black supremacist group. I didn't hear anything like that from them that day, but supposedly the Jewish Anti-Defamation League and many other groups including some original Black Panthers consider the NBPP negative or even an all out hate group. I only heard aggressive speeches about police brutality, 'sell out black cops', chants of 'black power!' etc. But then again there are more moderate members of the NBPP. The originator Khalid Abdul Muhammed had been known to stir up some real sh*t though! He definitely said some racist stuff from what I read.

Also there are many different groups of those preaching about La Raza or Brown Pride. There's Brown Pride, to La Raza, which I've seen both in Central / South American and also Puerto Rican context, then there's Aztlanistas, then there's the Mexica movement which is more Native American based.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2079
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 12:22 pm
What city do you live in now?: New York City
Location: L.A. to Brooklyn, NY

Unread post by Cold Bear » September 19th, 2007, 2:58 pm

I do think that the White Power movement seems to be the most violent and hateful. That's why I think the NBPP raised the stakes and came with the same rhetoric, to match the White Power message.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » September 22nd, 2007, 4:15 pm

black power is about fighting racism and oppression but some fools got it twisted and think it's on some supremacy shit, fuck that, supremacy is white thing that's what races were created for. (oppressor oppressed.) ethnic whites can be oppressed too, read about it.

black liberation/independence is freedom from imperialism, capitalism etc.

black pride is being proud to be nappy, being proud to be black, being proud of your ancestors and what they achieved. when we came to this country we were stripped of everything we didn't know who we were or where we came from. black pride is self esteem cause for so long we were taught that black was ugly, dumb, savage and evil. it's not to be confused with white pride

white power is about keeping minorities oppressed and continuing racism. rich white america uses them as a tool to make you think that racism is just based off of skin color, you know that white vs black shit. all the while they passing racist laws and digginng in your pockets keeping you poorer and poorer, dumber and dumber. but most fools can't see it cause they think that racism only comes in the form of a sheet or a swastika.

white pride can fall in the category of white power, because instead of pumping the "human race" your pumping "white is better". not only that but people have done some horrendous shit all in the name of the white race and some whites is proud of it. hence white pride. whites shouldn't want to call themselves white just like blacks shouldn't want to call them selves black cause it keeps racism going.

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 22nd, 2007, 5:49 pm

We have black pride, brown pride.....but GOD FORBID white pride. How is it that just because someone is white and proud its usually perceived as some white power trip?
black wrote:black power is about fighting racism and oppression but some fools got it twisted and think it's on some supremacy shit, fu-- that, supremacy is white thing that's what races were created for. (oppressor oppressed.) ethnic whites can be oppressed too, read about it.

black liberation/independence is freedom from imperialism, capitalism etc.

black pride is being proud to be nappy, being proud to be black, being proud of your ancestors and what they achieved. when we came to this country we were stripped of everything we didn't know who we were or where we came from. black pride is self esteem cause for so long we were taught that black was ugly, dumb, savage and evil. it's not to be confused with white pride

white power is about keeping minorities oppressed and continuing racism. rich white america uses them as a tool to make you think that racism is just based off of skin color, you know that white vs black shit. all the while they passing racist laws and digginng in your pockets keeping you poorer and poorer, dumber and dumber. but most fools can't see it cause they think that racism only comes in the form of a sheet or a swastika.

white pride can fall in the category of white power, because instead of pumping the "human race" your pumping "white is better". not only that but people have done some horrendous shit all in the name of the white race and some whites is proud of it. hence white pride. whites shouldn't want to call themselves white just like blacks shouldn't want to call them selves black cause it keeps racism going.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » September 22nd, 2007, 6:08 pm

Christina Marie wrote:We have black pride, brown pride.....but GOD FORBID white pride. How is it that just because someone is white and proud its usually perceived as some white power trip?
Yeah i noticed that too.
Why is it that if a black guy gets on a bus and says something about black pride out loud its OK but if a white dude gets on the bus and says something about white pride he racist.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9254
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » September 22nd, 2007, 7:47 pm

black wrote:black power is about fighting racism and oppression but some fools got it twisted and think it's on some supremacy shit, fu-- that, supremacy is white thing that's what races were created for. (oppressor oppressed.) ethnic whites can be oppressed too, read about it.

black liberation/independence is freedom from imperialism, capitalism etc.

black pride is being proud to be nappy, being proud to be black, being proud of your ancestors and what they achieved. when we came to this country we were stripped of everything we didn't know who we were or where we came from. black pride is self esteem cause for so long we were taught that black was ugly, dumb, savage and evil. it's not to be confused with white pride

white power is about keeping minorities oppressed and continuing racism. rich white america uses them as a tool to make you think that racism is just based off of skin color, you know that white vs black shit. all the while they passing racist laws and digginng in your pockets keeping you poorer and poorer, dumber and dumber. but most fools can't see it cause they think that racism only comes in the form of a sheet or a swastika.

white pride can fall in the category of white power, because instead of pumping the "human race" your pumping "white is better". not only that but people have done some horrendous shit all in the name of the white race and some whites is proud of it. hence white pride. whites shouldn't want to call themselves white just like blacks shouldn't want to call them selves black cause it keeps racism going.
1. Imperialism has many victims and assailants. Arabs continue to occupy Northern Africa and move south for the purpose of extracting the natural recourses like oil.

2. Whites have been in power for many years and today they are considered the bad guy, but if you look at imperialism and capitalism historically, the first super powers that the world ever seen were, Egypt, Assyria and mostly black led governments, then it was the middle east people, Persian, Medes, Babylonians, who did the same oppressive activities, then came the Whites, Roman, Greeks, US & Britian, and now it is their turn. If you look at this historically, you dont take it too personal, and we dont know how much of this is God's will and plan, so we just need to worry about ourselves.

3. I dont see that all white pride is racist, like in NY there is great white irish pride, italians, and in chicago the polish too, but i dont hear them saying white power, but there is alot of white pride that seems completely fair and ok.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9254
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » September 22nd, 2007, 7:49 pm

i do make a distinction between white power rhetoric and white pride.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » September 22nd, 2007, 9:53 pm

alexalonso wrote:
1. Imperialism has many victims and assailants. Arabs continue to occupy Northern Africa and move south for the purpose of extracting the natural recourses like oil.
when i was talking about black liberation/independence i was talking about all non blacks need to leave africa.
alexalonso wrote:
2. Whites have been in power for many years and today they are considered the bad guy, but if you look at imperialism and capitalism historically, the first super powers that the world ever seen were, Egypt, Assyria and mostly black led governments, then it was the middle east people, Persian, Medes, Babylonians, who did the same oppressive activities, then came the Whites, Roman, Greeks, US & Britian, and now it is their turn. If you look at this historically, you dont take it too personal, and we dont know how much of this is God's will and plan, so we just need to worry about ourselves.
you could say that and i would have to say the first form of imperialism really started with the romans and thier imperium. when the first superpowers like egypt, assyria, persia, babylon and medes conquered the whole land benefited. it ain't like now where imperialism clearly only benefits one side. and yes all of them where oppressive in some form and they had slaves but your forgetting that slaves didn't really matter to them(it was a perk of war or a jail sentence) and none of them were about dehumanization or direct exploitation like european imperialism is.
alexalonso wrote:
3. I dont see that all white pride is racist, like in NY there is great white irish pride, italians, and in chicago the polish too, but i dont hear them saying white power, but there is alot of white pride that seems completely fair and ok.
i said it could fall into the category of white power, i wasn't necessarily saying that all forms of it was racist. when you get in to irish pride, italian pride, polish pride, yugo pride etc your talking about ethnicity. not really white race shit, you forget that these same groups were also treated like shit and some where even enslaved(white medieval slavery) by people who were on that white race shit. example america and its racist attitude toward irish and italian americans. brits racist attitude toward the irish, western europe's racist attitude towards the slavs and eastern block peoples. remember white race people call these groups white negroes and that's why you hear a lot these ethnic groups saying they aren't white, that's cause they not on that white race shit, they on ethnicity. now some of these ethnic groups do have a racist attitude towards blacks and shit but that's cause they on that dumb white race shit.

i don't have a problem with people pumping their ethnicity cause it's not racial but white race is. when you put people in races then your fueling racism and i have a problem with that. when you say white race(majority/oppressor) your basically saying whites is better everybody else is inferior.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9254
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » September 23rd, 2007, 2:51 am

the Egyptians were the first imperial empire, and engaged in a capitalistic society that exploited the peasants and used them for a labor force. They even enslaved the Jews and forced many to build the pyramids. The Pharohs were the colonialist. taking over lands, living a life of excess and invading nations and lands like Hitler.

They worshiped false gods, they actually had a monarch system of government passing leadership down through the family. It was would be a considered a corrupt system today, so there is not much difference. I suggest reading up on some of these old powers, they were all shady and corrupt.

but back to White supremacist and white pride, as long as it is not hateful do whatever.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » September 23rd, 2007, 4:50 pm

alexalonso wrote:the Egyptians were the first imperial
What? ancient egypt (kemet) wasn't imperialistic. when the white hyksos, white asians and other white barbarains became pharaohs they became kind of imperialistic, but that's because these white foreigners introduce these new ideas. the ancient egyptians wasn't on that, read about it, i guarantee it'll say that
imperialistic egypt didn't start until the middle kingdom that's the time of the foreigners.

alexalonso wrote:
alexalonso wrote:the Egyptians were the first imperial empire, and engaged in a capitalistic society that exploited the peasants and used them for a labor force. They even enslaved the Jews and forced many to build the pyramids. The Pharohs were the colonialist. taking over lands, living a life of excess and invading nations and lands like Hitler.
egyptians(kemet) didn't force any jews to build the pyramids and moses wasn't real. you believing them bible stories(lies) a little too much. ancient egypt didn't have slaves like that plus they couldn't treat slaves harshly or dehumanize them, its written in their book of the dead(westerners call it the 10 commandments). ancient egyptians didn't become big on slavery until the time white foreigners came in the picture and they didn't have slave markets in ancient kemet this is something introduced by whites (hyskos, white asians, greeks, romans, and arabs) at the time of of the middle kingdom, read about it. the dehumanization and mistreatment of slaves started with the greeks and romans, that's why you had so many slave revolts in greece and the roman iperium.

alexalonso wrote: They worshiped false gods, they actually had a monarch system of government passing leadership down through the family.
false gods? lol man these false gods you talking about are the same false gods muslims and christians worship today. jesus and islams moon crescent (moon crescent godesses) are things that started in ethiopia and was passed down to egypt(kemet), then whitewashed to appear white for a new world. they stole black religion and changed it.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » September 23rd, 2007, 5:02 pm

*******
ancient egyptians didn't become big on slavery until white foreigners came in the picture. and they didn't have slave markets in ancient kemet this is something introduced by whites hyskos at the time of of the middle kingdom, read about it. other whites like white asians, greeks, romans and arabs set up slave markets aswell.

^meant to say that.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9254
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » September 23rd, 2007, 5:15 pm

black wrote:*******
ancient egyptians didn't become big on slavery until white foreigners came in the picture. and they didn't have slave markets in ancient kemet this is something introduced by whites hyskos at the time of of the middle kingdom, read about it. other whites like white asians, greeks, romans and arabs set up slave markets aswell.

^meant to say that.

Read Chronology of World Slavery, by Junius P. Rodriguez in 1999 gives a good detail of slavery in ancient Egypt. yes it happened, and they enslaved middle Eastern, Hebrew, and Caanan people.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » September 23rd, 2007, 7:47 pm

i read that book. i didn't say egyptians didn't have slaves i'm saying that they didn't have alot of slaves. slavery wasn't a big thing to them, they didn't go out and capture slaves just to capture them and use them as labor. Junius Rodriguez even says this in is book he says the the institutionalization of slave labor started with the greeks. the greeks and the romans captured slaves just for slave labor that's why at least 30-40% of their populations were slaves.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1342
Joined: May 5th, 2006, 2:04 pm
Location: oakland

Unread post by pistolslanga » September 23rd, 2007, 7:57 pm

Hmm, you can say to a certain extent their fueled and bitter about something.

But all of them have different reasons, White Power is fueled by hate of colored, and the belief that White is right. Their ideas are different, and perspective is different, so you simply can't label them all under bitter groups.


Black Power is defense, Black's felt threatened by Whites, and hated that whites treated them like mess, so Black Power came into play, you can say to a certain extent that a heavy follower of "Black Power" doesn't seem too fond of Whites, you can say their belief is "All white people are snakes, it's just some of them aren't poisonous"


All of these groups have one thing in common, they don't seem to recognize the fact that were all humans, blacks, whites, browns, yellows, EVERYONE is human, and being human should outweigh the color of our skin, because overall, everyone on this earth is somehow related, it isn't like there was a White god and a black god and a fucking blue god, if you go to the beginning of the human race, and the offspring's, youd have to be fukked to say were all not related.


It's hilarious how humans split eachother into packs, sets, groups, sects, because were apes, and in nature of the animal kingdom they roll in packs, as we do.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1342
Joined: May 5th, 2006, 2:04 pm
Location: oakland

Unread post by pistolslanga » September 23rd, 2007, 7:59 pm

Human's overall are apes, Planet of the Apes, based on Earth, based on us, were just apes, apes who haven't come to the realization that White and Brown and Black and mess are just colors, and the fact that we've killed and died for colors, is just hilarious.

You can say, that were still primitive.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1572
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 12:15 am

Unread post by TeeKay » September 24th, 2007, 12:03 am

White pride and white supremacy arent on the same line.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » September 24th, 2007, 10:01 am

I think Pride and Power are 2 different things. Power is about superiority and to an extent suppression. Pride is or at least should be, about being proud of oneself and their heritage. I've said it before and I feel that being proud of your ancestory is silly to me. VERY few people have actually done their homework on their own family tree to warrant being proud of it. Especially when we're talking dating back decades or centuries. I've been able to date my family tree back into the 1700's and I still wouldn't say I'm PROUD of any of them. I didn't even know them. Being proud of your skin colour is the lowest form of pride. You had no decision on it, you had no part of it and you can't very well change it if you don't like it. "Look at me! I was born with 2 hands! I'm so proud of myself and my family for pulling through!" Be proud of something you really put your mind, body and soul into. Something you worked long and hard for. Not something that was a genetic dice roll.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » September 24th, 2007, 10:22 am

Oh and power, that's another story. To take something so stupid as being proud of something you had no hand in what so ever and then take it up a notch and hold that over someone elses head is just absurd. To feel that you are now better then another person because of your skin colour makes no sense at all. To put it in perspective, Pride is happy about being born with green eyes, power is now telling everyone how great green eyes are, how they're better then other coloured eyes and perhaps even that other coloured eyes are lower forms of humans. It sounds pretty stupid when you break it down and yet people still do shit like this every day.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » September 24th, 2007, 11:31 pm

smh at some white people, and they wonder why brutha's be like fuck white people. I swear to god you white people need a better understanding of racism. white people only seem to hear what they want to hear and only see what the fuck they wanna see. everything else falls on deaf ears and blind eyes.


let me try and make it a little more clearer for you people. white pride is racism except when you are talking about ethnicity. when you say i'm proud to be german your saying your proud of your heritage, your not saying your better than everyone else. but white pride does, white pride says your proud to be superior to everyone. whether they be black, asian, latino or an ethnic white. black pride isn't racist(although some fools get it twisted) because of the simple fact that the majority of the blacks in this country that have been here since the slave days don't have an ethnicity or a heritage, we're black. that's the times we live in. black americans we're stripped of our ethnicty and heritage so we can't call ourselves anything else other than black. have you ever heard an african call him self black? fuck no, why? because they have a heritage and ethnicity. black americans don't, we were also taught that africans didn't accomplish shit or contribute anything to the world. so if me being proud of the shit blacks accomplished and gave to the world seems silly to you then fuck you. it seems silly to you because every time you open up a school book all you see is white history, so called white accomplishments and white heritage.

a lot of ethnic whites traded in their ethnicity for whiteness/white race(nazi shit, just subtle) that's why a lot of white americans don't know where in europe their from.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » September 24th, 2007, 11:33 pm

TeeKay wrote:White pride and white supremacy arent on the same line.
says the dude who strolls the singles section of storm front. fuckin devil

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » September 25th, 2007, 7:42 am

black wrote:
let me try and make it a little more clearer for you people. white pride is racism except when you are talking about ethnicity. when you say i'm proud to be german your saying your proud of your heritage, your not saying your better than everyone else. but white pride does, white pride says your proud to be superior to everyone. whether they be black, asian, latino or an ethnic white. black pride isn't racist(although some fools get it twisted) because of the simple fact that the majority of the blacks in this country that have been here since the slave days don't have an ethnicity or a heritage, we're black. that's the times we live in. black americans we're stripped of our ethnicty and heritage so we can't call ourselves anything else other than black. have you ever heard an african call him self black? fu-- no, why? because they have a heritage and ethnicity. black americans don't, we were also taught that africans didn't accomplish shit or contribute anything to the world. so if me being proud of the shit blacks accomplished and gave to the world seems silly to you then fu-- you. it seems silly to you because every time you open up a school book all you see is white history, so called white accomplishments and white heritage.
Good post, Black.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » September 25th, 2007, 10:14 am

black wrote:smh at some white people, and they wonder why brutha's be like fu-- white people. I swear to god you white people need a better understanding of racism. white people only seem to hear what they want to hear and only see what the fu-- they wanna see. everything else falls on deaf ears and blind eyes.


let me try and make it a little more clearer for you people. white pride is racism except when you are talking about ethnicity. when you say i'm proud to be german your saying your proud of your heritage, your not saying your better than everyone else. but white pride does, white pride says your proud to be superior to everyone. whether they be black, asian, latino or an ethnic white. black pride isn't racist(although some fools get it twisted) because of the simple fact that the majority of the blacks in this country that have been here since the slave days don't have an ethnicity or a heritage, we're black. that's the times we live in. black americans we're stripped of our ethnicty and heritage so we can't call ourselves anything else other than black. have you ever heard an african call him self black? fu-- no, why? because they have a heritage and ethnicity. black americans don't, we were also taught that africans didn't accomplish shit or contribute anything to the world. so if me being proud of the shit blacks accomplished and gave to the world seems silly to you then fu-- you. it seems silly to you because every time you open up a school book all you see is white history, so called white accomplishments and white heritage.

a lot of ethnic whites traded in their ethnicity for whiteness/white race(nazi shit, just subtle) that's why a lot of white americans don't know where in europe their from.
If people are saying White Pride and in turn are twisting it to show superiority that's them getting it twisted. Being proud isn't about holding it above others heads. If someone was to claim white pride it should be in the text of being proud of their heritage and nothing more. That's what the difference between Pride and Power should be. If people are using a seperate agenda for those banners, that's them getting it confused not me. They're pretty self explanatory, Pride and Power.

And why should my feelings towards your pride mean anything to you? I don't understand how you would turn and say "fuck you" to someone who doesn't see the point of your pride. If you're proud of your heritage then so be it. Just because I don't see it the same way shouldn't bother you. If you're proud of something that you literally had no hand in what so ever, then more power to you. That's where my thoughts of sillyness come in. Not because I choose to ignore accomplishments of other people but because I choose to ignore basing pride on skin colour and because I choose to ignore placing my pride in something that I didn't do. I reserve my pride for MY accomplishments.

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 25th, 2007, 11:32 am

black wrote:
TeeKay wrote:White pride and white supremacy arent on the same line.
says the dude who strolls the singles section of storm front. fuckin devil
There is a difference black. If you choose to percieve it as being one and the same thats your own delusion.



Main Entry: pride
Pronunciation: 'prId
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English pryde, from prud proud -- more at PROUD
1 : the quality or state of being proud: as a : inordinate self-esteem : CONCEIT b : a reasonable or justifiable self-respect c : delight or elation arising from some act, possession, or relationship



Main Entry: su·prem·a·cy
Pronunciation: s&-'pre-m&-sE, sü- also -'prE-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
Etymology: supreme + -acy (as in primacy)
: the quality or state of being supreme; also : supreme authority or power

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9254
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » September 25th, 2007, 12:30 pm

punamusta wrote:
black wrote:
let me try and make it a little more clearer for you people. white pride is racism except when you are talking about ethnicity. when you say i'm proud to be german your saying your proud of your heritage, your not saying your better than everyone else. but white pride does, white pride says your proud to be superior to everyone. whether they be black, asian, latino or an ethnic white. black pride isn't racist(although some fools get it twisted) because of the simple fact that the majority of the blacks in this country that have been here since the slave days don't have an ethnicity or a heritage, we're black. that's the times we live in. black americans we're stripped of our ethnicty and heritage so we can't call ourselves anything else other than black. have you ever heard an african call him self black? fu-- no, why? because they have a heritage and ethnicity. black americans don't, we were also taught that africans didn't accomplish shit or contribute anything to the world. so if me being proud of the shit blacks accomplished and gave to the world seems silly to you then fu-- you. it seems silly to you because every time you open up a school book all you see is white history, so called white accomplishments and white heritage.
Good post, Black.
You can say you are proud to be German and be the most racist person. Dont forget that Germans were the architect for much of the racism and white supremecy around, so I think using German as an example weakens your point, Hitler, Nazis, get it?

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » September 25th, 2007, 7:07 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote: And why should my feelings towards your pride mean anything to you?
cause your talking down on my culture that's why. black pride, is part of black culture. and if you think black culture is silly then fuck you.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » September 25th, 2007, 7:10 pm

alexalonso wrote: You can say you are proud to be German and be the most racist person.

Yeah, that's why i said this earlier
black wrote: now some of these ethnic groups do have a racist attitude towards blacks and shit but that's cause they on that dumb white race shit.
alexalonso wrote: so I think using German as an example weakens your point, Hitler, Nazis, get it?

not really, hitler was more about master race/white race than ethnicity. he wanted to keep northern europeans racially pure(whiteness) and looked down on the southern europeans who had mixed with the moors. if hitler was more about ethnicity then white race then he would have looked down at the the nordic countries like denmark, norway, sweden, finland, iceland and the faroe islands aswell instead of including them in his master race/white race.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1572
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 12:15 am

Unread post by TeeKay » September 25th, 2007, 7:48 pm

black wrote:
TeeKay wrote:White pride and white supremacy arent on the same line.
says the dude who strolls the singles section of storm front. fuckin devil
Ohhh No's so porn pop up appears on my screen with some gay stuff on it, i hope that dosent make me gay or else my wardrobe needs a change around with that one.
Your fuckin Ignorant.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1572
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 12:15 am

Unread post by TeeKay » September 25th, 2007, 7:49 pm

black wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote: And why should my feelings towards your pride mean anything to you?
cause your talking down on my culture that's why. black pride, is part of black culture. and if you think black culture is silly then fu-- you.
Where did he talk down on you?

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » September 25th, 2007, 8:58 pm

black wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote: And why should my feelings towards your pride mean anything to you?
cause your talking down on my culture that's why. black pride, is part of black culture. and if you think black culture is silly then fu-- you.
No again, you're equating one with the other. I never said the culture was silly, quite the contrary. What I said was a present day person being proud of something their ancestors did was silly in my mind. I never said what the ancestors did was silly. I can respect any person that had to go through hardships in their lives regardless of their skin colour and I wouldn't blanket such accomplishments as "white" "black" or "brown". There's more to it then that.

If you want to read more into things to justify your hissy fit then so be it, I'll chalk it up to small mindedness. There, that's a personal insult, be mad about that. At least I could see the reasoning for it.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » September 26th, 2007, 8:10 am

black wrote:
not really, hitler was more about master race/white race than ethnicity. he wanted to keep northern europeans racially pure(whiteness) and looked down on the southern europeans who had mixed with the moors. if hitler was more about ethnicity then white race then he would have looked down at the the nordic countries like denmark, norway, sweden, finland, iceland and the faroe islands aswell instead of including them in his master race/white race.
A small correction to your post... Hitler did look down on Finns, because of our Finno-Ugrian genotype that separates us from the other Nordic nations. Hitler also looked down on Slavs although they are white.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » September 26th, 2007, 8:29 am

punamusta wrote:
black wrote:
not really, hitler was more about master race/white race than ethnicity. he wanted to keep northern europeans racially pure(whiteness) and looked down on the southern europeans who had mixed with the moors. if hitler was more about ethnicity then white race then he would have looked down at the the nordic countries like denmark, norway, sweden, finland, iceland and the faroe islands aswell instead of including them in his master race/white race.
A small correction to your post... Hitler did look down on Finns, because of our Finno-Ugrian genotype that separates us from the other Nordic nations. Hitler also looked down on Slavs although they are white.
This in a translation from a German race-biological study from the 40's:

"About 56% of Finns have the TAT-C haplogroup, clearly Mongoloid and common between Siberians or Eskimos. Their genetic pool is according polymorphisms studies 30% Asian. There's 56,7% of Mongolic influence in their genetic pool. Finnish people have significant amount of Mongolic DNA in their blood."

Post Reply