Whats the difference from Gang / Crew / Set?

Discuss general gang topics that are not place specific or touch on multiple places.
YoungG

Whats the difference from Gang / Crew / Set?

Unread post by YoungG » July 6th, 2005, 11:11 pm

I was wondering what it takes to start a crew
what are the expectations and what do you have to have to be considered a gang/crew/set?
Any information is appreciated thanks.

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town

Unread post by bkstomp3 » July 6th, 2005, 11:36 pm

if u talkin about a hood....u gotta be crazy,a killa,street smart and must not give a damn...cuz thats the only way u gonna get respect or even recognized in the war zone

YoungG

Unread post by YoungG » July 6th, 2005, 11:40 pm

well whats the difference between a gang and a tagging crew?

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by bkstomp3 » July 7th, 2005, 12:39 am

i dont know what the hell taggers do execpt tag and fight....but gangs fight,kills,sell drugs u get the point

Maniac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Maniac » July 7th, 2005, 5:06 am

Taggers are pussy and Gangbangers do the real shit.

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » July 7th, 2005, 7:19 am

you have to have high rank in a gang already to start another gang... otherwise you will just get laughed at, or possibly killed.. depending on where you live..

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » July 7th, 2005, 12:18 pm

kaotik_hcp wrote:you have to have high rank in a gang already to start another gang... otherwise you will just get laughed at, or possibly killed.. depending on where you live..
yea i heard of an OG wanting to start a new set so he talks to other OGs in the set about it then he goes and starts a new one
starting a gang out of the blu is usually done by kids and doesn't last

Psycho23

Unread post by Psycho23 » July 7th, 2005, 1:22 pm

When you start a crew (small gang,) first you need permission from the gangs in the area youre trying to settle in. Second, you have to have some down ass fools ready to put in work. Third have a motive, protect the hood, get at enemies, make money etc. If you don't have these three checked, mind as well call yourselves a group of homeboys.

Rope-A-Dope
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rope-A-Dope » July 7th, 2005, 2:04 pm

basically do everythang a gang does,this is a dumb topic

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » July 8th, 2005, 2:35 pm

Rope-A-Dope wrote:basically do everythang a gang does,this is a dumb topic
not really, this site is mainly for info...

BabyJesus
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BabyJesus » July 8th, 2005, 3:07 pm

Rope-A-Dope wrote:basically do everythang a gang does,this is a dumb topic
wut the fucc!?!?!? he sed a crew not a gang. some crews end up turneen out to be gangs though. ders dis one crew at mah skool called 56 neighborhood kids en i think der gonna turn hood becuz the 55NHC's want dem too. aint sure about that though. en to who sed taggers r pussies, shut the fucc up, u live in australia.

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by bkstomp3 » July 8th, 2005, 11:13 pm

MIGHT AS WELL CUZ ALL THE REST OF the BLOCKS DON TURNED HOOD...55,57,58,59....SINCE I BEEN SEEIN THEY GRAFFITI AROUND THEY BLOCK

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » July 9th, 2005, 1:31 am

true story- me and some homies started a "crew" called playboy posse. soon enough our membership grew and grew. we started having gang rivals and gang allies. so, in turn we went from being a crew wich was not part of blood, crip or ese affiliation into an independent gang. some of the piru hoods wanted us to claim piru, but we wanted to stay far from any alliegence knowing that we would have more enemies then we needed. eventually our crew died out after 2 to 3 years.

Maniac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Maniac » July 9th, 2005, 2:12 am

We got taggers in Australia and are fucced up people while we got gangbangers who are 5 times worse than them.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » July 13th, 2005, 12:03 am

committ some serious robberies and we can talk.
high stakes is all it takes, show that you are real and the rest will come with it.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » July 22nd, 2005, 3:14 am

Starting a crew - CCCHHHHAAAA!!! DONT DO IT - SIMPLE AS - go get a life.

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » July 22nd, 2005, 11:59 pm

pineapple wrote:true story- me and some homies started a "crew" called playboy posse. soon enough our membership grew and grew. we started having gang rivals and gang allies. so, in turn we went from being a crew wich was not part of blood, crip or ese affiliation into an independent gang. some of the piru hoods wanted us to claim piru, but we wanted to stay far from any alliegence knowing that we would have more enemies then we needed. eventually our crew died out after 2 to 3 years.
i had this problem back in my former hood... some kids started a crew, and it kept getting bigger and bigger, and they got a lot of attention, and not good attention.. i think some GD's threatened them one day and they quickly faded away...

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: starting a crew

Unread post by Qdawg » May 9th, 2006, 4:59 pm

[quote="YoungG"]I was wondering what it takes to start a crew
what are the expectations and what do you have to have to be considered a gang/crew/set?
Any information is appreciated thanks.[/quote]

get like 3 or 4 of ya closet dogs together..you dont even really need a name for ya lil circle...but to seperate yahself from other crews having alil name would do...2nd-if all yah niggahs in ya 5 man crew is broke,get a 9 to 5 or some form of hustle(on the corner with that work,pushin white tees,selling cds,doing clothing etc)..get ya money up to part all 5 of yah .nowadays from the point of view of the boys(cops) or other people you will be looked at as a crew if its more then 2 people.you get a name for making long story short ..1 of 2 things...-you getting serious paper..or 2- busting ya burna,or always starting drama...or maybe its both...if you was thinking about making ya own crew 4 trouble i cant tell you not to do it but you your own man but thats the best route to make ya own crew then follow another tread,system etc....if ya a small time crew another way to make a name is go straight for the big name crews in ya area.after awhile ya numbers will get high@5 heads to like 40 etc...not to give bad advice but if you about getting street paper another thing coming in the game broke is take off crews thats doing they thing,& invest ya money 4 stuff that will come in handy(house money,lawyer money,bail money,money for all ya members to eat off with)...but nowadays alotta crews is just chill only to smoke green crews

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » May 9th, 2006, 5:01 pm

trend*