Harvard Park Brims [HPB] are a predominately African-American street gang located in South LA between Gage (s) & Slauson (n), from Western (w) to Vermont (e). They have three clicks, 61, 62, & 64 and throughout the 1980s they were primarily known as the 62 Harvard Park Brims.
They formed around 1969 when they were known as the L.A. Brims and in the early 1970s they developed a reputation as a group that did not fear the early Crips of the Westside and Eastside. From the very early days of the Crips the LA Brims have always rejected joining the LA Brims and because of that, they are one of the first gangs to have violent conflict with the Crips leading to the 1972 murder of Lil Country by a Crip member.
HPB member Kirkton Moore was convicted for the 1988 killing of LAPD officer Daniel Pratt on Crenshaw & Florence. According to court records, Moore had just committed a shooting against a Rollin 60s member while LAPD members were near by in an undercover blue Iroc Camero. They followed Moore into the gas station where he open fired on the blue Camero, killing Pratt. There was no evidence that Moore knew they were LAPD officers and he was sentenced to life in prison instead of the death penalty.
- O.G. Herbert Cole ( – 2012), died of asthma
- O.G. Doty Hayward
- O.G. Michael Harris ( – May 2014)
- Big Country (1952 – 2012)
- Frederick “Lil Country” Garrett, 17 (August 9, 1954 – June 5, 1972) born in Texas and was murdered by the Crips while at a party. His casket was vandalized by the Crips during the wake before his funeral. Lil County is the first Brim ever to be murdered by a Crip and the first of the future Bloods to be murdered by the Crips.
- Eddie Watts, 27 (1954 – 1983)
- General Lee ( – 1995)
- Kenneth “OG Ken Dogg” Elliot Durden, 50 (May 9, 1965 – February 23, 2016), fatally shot in his parked car near the Harvard Park Recreation Center on 62nd Street and Harvard Boulevard.
- O.G. Pee Wee ( – Mar. 2014)
- Wicked Wink ( – 1996)