Gang neighborhoods traveled through by U.S. Shuttle Endeavour
Streetgangs.com Staff Writer
October 12, 2012 | 4:01 a.m. PST
LOS ANGELES – Early Friday morning the Space Shuttle Endeavour hit the streets of Los Angeles and embarked on its 12-mile journey through Inglewood and South Los Angeles to the Science Center in Exposition Park. It will take two days for the shuttle to travel from LAX to its final destination averaging about 2 m.p.h.
Not too many events that receive this amount of attention occur in South Los Angeles unless it’s a riot, shooting, or bank thieves throwing money out the car while being pursued by the LAPD. Streetgangs.com was asked if the shuttle will go through the ghetto and not only will it go through a portion of South LA’s ghetto, it will go through several gang neighborhoods.
This weekend the following gangs can go outside, witness history and forget about conflict and share this time with family.
Gang neighborhoods Shuttle Endeavour will travel through
1. The Shuttle will pass just north of Poserz neighborhood, a Hispanic gang, when it goes down Manchester passing Airport Boulevard in the City of Los Angeles.
2. When the shuttle passes the 405 freeway it will got through Varrio Inglewood to the south and Queen Street Blood in the City of Inglewood.
4. At Manchester and Crenshaw the shuttle will turn south in Inglewood Family Blood turf and will remain in their turf until the shuttle passes 77th Street where it will enter back into the City of Los Angeles.
6. Rollin 50s Brims are to the east of Crenshaw when the shuttle passes from 54th Street to 48th Street.
7. Right at 48th Street is where Rollin 40s Crips to the east reside. The shuttle will continue through Leimert Park and then turn east on Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and continue in Rollin 40s Crips.
10. The shuttle will turn north on Vermont Avenue right before Street Villains turf.
11. Finally the shuttle will turn east into the parking lot near the Coliseum right before Fruit Town Brims turf.