Clanton 14th Street – 2nd Hood
Westside Clanton 14th Street 2nd Hood is predominately Hispanic street gang located in the Mid City area of Los Angeles on the verge of extinction. This neighborhood is a spinoff of the original Eastside Clanton neighborhood that was formed on Clanton Street during the early 1920s.
Periodically you can see Clanton graffiti in the second hood along Western Avenue between Pico Boulevard and Venice Avenue just west of the Mid City Stoner’s neighborhood. During the late 1970s and early 1980s, the 2nd Hood occupied a huge area covering the streets from Washington Avenue (south) to 3rd Street (north) from Wilton (west) to Normandie (east).
The Cut Downs (CDS) and the Dukes are among the clicks of the 2nd Hood. The Cut Downs occupied the area of Pico & Wilton for many years.
Other Clanton neighborhoods in Los Angeles
– Eastside Clanton 14th Street: in the area from 14th Place and Central south to Santa Barbara Avenue (Martin Luther King Jr Blvd)
– Clanton 14th Street 1st Hood: in the Pico-Union Westlake area of Central Los Angeles
– Clanton 14th Street 3rd Hood: in Hollywood around Normandie & Melrose
– Clanton 14th Street 4th Hood: in the North Hollywood area in the San Fernando Valley
Deceased members from Westside Clanton 2nd Hood
- George Echevarria ( – 1974)
- Eddie Santos
- Lil Buddha
- Ernie “Cuate”
- Big Jokey
- Mike “Big Mike” Maruffo (1951 – 1974)