Clanton 14th Street – 3rd Hood in Hollywood
The Hollywood Westside Clanton 14 Street is their 3rd of a total of five Clanton barrios in Los Angeles. The original Eastside Clanton neighborhood was founded in the early 1920s and by the 1970s, they formed five solid neighborhoods throughout Los Angeles.
During the early 1970s, Clanton 3rd Hood stretched from Santa Monica Boulevard (north) to Beverly Boulevard (south) from Western (west) to Vermont (east). Lemon Grove Park on North Hobart and Lemon Grove became a popular hangout for many Clanteros from the third hood including Melrose and Kingsley. Many members lived on Clinton Avenue, Maplewood, Elmwood and Rosewood, north and south of Melrose. Members are frequented BJ’s.
The clickas from this neighborhood include the Dukes, Mobsters, Lemon Grove and Locos but most of the members of this neighborhood either matured out of the gang or went to prison. Because of low numbers, Mara Salvatrucha was able to establish themselves in this same section in strong numbers since the late 1980s and have since had a gang injunction imposed against them by the City of LA.
On occasion, you will find Clanton graffiti south of this neighborhood between Western (west) and Normandie (east) from Beverly (south) to Melrose (north) indicating that the neighborhood is still active.
Other Clanton neighborhoods in Los Angeles
- Eastside Clanton 14th Street: in the area from 14th Place and Central south to Santa Barbara Avenue (Martin Luther King Jr Blvd)
- Clanton 14th Street 1st Hood: in the Pico-Union Westlake area of Central Los Angeles
- Clanton 14th Street 2nd Hood: in the Mid City section of Los Angeles along Western Ave between Pico & 3rd Street.
- Clanton 14th Street 4th Hood: in the North Hollywood area in the San Fernando Valley
Deceased Members of the 3rd Hood
- Michael George “Huero” Muse (1959 – 1995)
- Freddy Boy
- Bago ( – August 24, 2007)
- Manuel “Cheto” Del Valle (1961 – 1989)
- Lil Chuco
- Lil Droopy
- Mosco ( – 1984)
- Pony Boy
- Silly Boy
- La Wezi ( – 2005)