Demise of the Asian Street Gang...

Discuss general gang topics that are not place specific or touch on multiple places.
BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Demise of the Asian Street Gang...

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 7th, 2008, 10:58 pm

They are giving you all day, they are adding street gang affiliations and years to your sentence, they are labeling you as a street terrorist. You will get deported back to the homeland, one way ticket!

Drugs, long prison terms, deportation, death...will reach you faster than a long future.

Keep playing with fire, you will get burnt.

You will end up in the system and learn to hate more than what you see out here on the streets.

Who is the baddest, toughest hood/dude out there?

I don't care what Asian or Islander nationality you are, but this stuff is old news and should be done from our existence here in L.A.

Learn about your people and help your own. Promote your own business and create positive endeavors with your community, instead of taking from it or destroying it. Respect yourself.

A lot of people come on this sight to race bait...or boast. Kill all that noise...the major wars are over!

Stay away from the dope, get some help or rehab...it is killing our community and young minds!

Asian Street Gangs will not die at the hand of enemies, it will be by the drugs eventually...and old age.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Demise of the Asian Street Gang...

Unread post by Proverbz » July 10th, 2008, 8:17 pm

i agree 100 percent. my homies who gang banged when they were teenagers were very serious about it. fast foward to the present. some are locked up and are not coming out until they have a head full of gray hair, some are on hard drugs, and the rest are just working or going to school. my homie after he got out of the joint realized how pointless gang banging was because his enemies on the street was his homies in the pen. it didnt make sense to him anymore and now he could care less about the gang world. he doesnt speak about it and when someone brings it up he is not interested. it trips me out how different we are from when we were young. i feel as though gang bangin will never be the way it was but at the same time will never die for the fact that its been around since the 1920's in LA. it is firmly set in the angeleno culture no matter what race you are. there will always be some angry teenagers out there feeling the need to prove how down they are.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » July 11th, 2008, 10:14 am

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:They are giving you all day, they are adding street gang affiliations and years to your sentence, they are labeling you as a street terrorist. You will get deported back to the homeland, one way ticket!

Drugs, long prison terms, deportation, death...will reach you faster than a long future.

Keep playing with fire, you will get burnt.

You will end up in the system and learn to hate more than what you see out here on the streets.

Who is the baddest, toughest hood/dude out there?

I don't care what Asian or Islander nationality you are, but this stuff is old news and should be done from our existence here in L.A.

Learn about your people and help your own. Promote your own business and create positive endeavors with your community, instead of taking from it or destroying it. Respect yourself.

A lot of people come on this sight to race bait...or boast. Kill all that noise...the major wars are over!

Stay away from the dope, get some help or rehab...it is killing our community and young minds!

Asian Street Gangs will not die at the hand of enemies, it will be by the drugs eventually...and old age.

Well said.

And the same above can be said for the Black and Brown as well.

tam10
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: the city

Unread post by tam10 » July 11th, 2008, 12:12 pm

deportation isn't a big factor in the demise of asian street gangs because nowadays the large majority of this gen. asians residing in the u.s are u.s born citizens. i would say that the demise of asian gangs stems from simply economic factors, the first generations of asians immigrants went through hell, when they first came to the u.s they had nothing and got stuck with the bottom of the barrel. Now that they have established themselves with an education and learning the system, they have paved the way for their relatives over seas to come over and actually have a decent chance at a future in the u.s...their relatives don't have to go through what they went through.

2%SODA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 2%SODA » July 11th, 2008, 8:33 pm

thats real...

::

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 12th, 2008, 2:22 pm

Thanks all for the input/comments.

Deportation is a very real situation for our dudes coming home, INS bus is right there at the gates. But the new generation, you are correct...most are now U.S. born and don't have to deal with that.

I initially put this post here to let ya'll know that Asian Gangmembers still do exist, but not in the sense or numbers of years past. That's a good thing in my opinion, it means people have tried to progress. That progression has to do with cats laying down the beefs and moving on with life. Taking care of family and those few close friends that meant something to you. This lifestyle can kill you and keep you down from realizing your own truths and progress/success. You won't know that until you go through it though, so I won't preach any more.

But the same forces that create gangs to exist are still in existence here in Los Angeles. Without dealing with those issues, gangs will always be an outlet for the young people of Los Angeles. Gangs will always be here because of this system and how it's set to operate.

If people only knew how former gang members or gang members have penetrated society, all levels. Not every gang member is imprisoned, strung out, or dead. Some very normal and very popular people that were gang members are operating with regular society. Believe that!

YayAreaFlip
What city do you live in now?: Vallejo

Unread post by YayAreaFlip » August 7th, 2008, 9:32 pm

tam10 wrote:deportation isn't a big factor in the demise of asian street gangs because nowadays the large majority of this gen. asians residing in the u.s are u.s born citizens.
Before my homie got deported I would've agreed with this comment, but man, you will be surprised how many people aren't of legal status. I ran with my boy for years from the 80s to mid 90's and never knew he was not legal. Its not like he's gonna advertise that he doesn't have a green card. In turned out his parents brought his whole family here in the 70's on a tourist visa and never went back. My boy didn't even speak tagalog/cebuano anymore and he got sent back for just being too deep in the game.

YayAreaFlip

Unread post by YayAreaFlip » August 7th, 2008, 9:36 pm

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:
If people only knew how former gang members or gang members have penetrated society, all levels. Not every gang member is imprisoned, strung out, or dead. Some very normal and very popular people that were gang members are operating with regular society. Believe that!
Amen to that BDL!

I think I go back as far as you but on the Bay Area scene. If my coworkers only knew...the evil this Flip do...or did...

YayAreaFlip

Unread post by YayAreaFlip » August 7th, 2008, 9:42 pm

YayAreaFlip wrote:
tam10 wrote:deportation isn't a big factor in the demise of asian street gangs because nowadays the large majority of this gen. asians residing in the u.s are u.s born citizens.
Before my homie got deported I would've agreed with this comment, but man, you will be surprised how many people aren't of legal status. I ran with my boy for years from the 80s to mid 90's and never knew he was not legal. Its not like he's gonna advertise that he doesn't have a green card. In turned out his parents brought his whole family here in the 70's on a tourist visa and never went back. My boy didn't even speak tagalog/cebuano anymore and he got sent back for just being too deep in the game.
Just to add to this...my crew basically stopped with the nonsense once he was deported because he was the only OG still puttin in work with the BGs. So suffice to say loss of leadership due to deportation of OG was the demise of one Asian Street Gang in the Bay.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 8th, 2008, 6:35 am

I want to say deportation affects a certain generation of G's, these youngsters have no idea...take everything for granted. They've been spoiled by my generation, and the generation before me.

I do not think US born Asians reach out to FOBs at all. ALL Fobs have to go through cultural assimilation. Some of it is easier for some ethnicities, for others it's not. We are talking about learning a new language (English) and getting used to the American way of things.

What is being done is 70's/80's/90's generational gangmembers have had kids are are making direct impacts on their childrens lives to keep them from participating in gangs. There is no anti-gang programs for Asians, this is in-house cleaning if you will.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » August 8th, 2008, 6:40 am

Speaking of deportation I had a Thai homegirl whose brothers were deported in the 90's and I knew they were into gangs. They were over there near Thai Town... my question is was there a small Thai based gang over there or probably they ran with the Pinoys / other Asians?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 15th, 2008, 12:50 am

There were some Thai's in LAOB, TGP, etc. You should have hit them up. I don't recall any Thai gangs. Southeast Asian numbers were short in the LOS, they didn't really come out the box gangbanging like the rest of us until way later or when they moved to the suburbs. LAOB I would say is the only active SouthEast Asian gang that was in the LOS, in the 90's. You didn't hear nothing big, just heard they were around.

Most SouthEast Asians that banged in the LOS were in other gangs. Thai, Viet, Cambodian...there was not TRG, ABZ going on in L.A. at the time. Just LAOB, and I'm not sure if they were just Oriental Boys or Oriental Lazy Boys. Were they just 2 different clicks of Oriental Gangs or 2 separate gangs?

Nikecortez could elaborate if he still checks this board out...those are his people.