90s Green Light Era

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
NewChinaTown626
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: WestSide LA

90s Green Light Era

Unread post by NewChinaTown626 » May 5th, 2013, 12:30 pm

Its common knowledge why the green light started.

An old 626 G says during that time, SGV asians took control of that incident by letting the eses know, if they dont stop the bull shit, their going to fire all the hispanics from asian owned businesses. Thats a good amount of lay offs since 626 is the New China Town!

Personally I believe if thats true, that was a wise way to handle the situation. Hit em where it hurts, the pockets. Pockets of their family members at best.

Long Beach Cambodians/Asians/Islanders banged hard, but was outnumbered in the system.

How was the rest of the asians around the county affected? China Town? Korea Town? Asian Surenos?

After 20/20 hindsight, was it possible for the Asians to survive in prison during that time without going into segregation?

What was the Black and Asian relations in prison? Were Surenos laying off the Blacks less, focusing on Asians more?

The green light died down around the 2000s...

NewChinaTown626
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: 90s Green Light Era

Unread post by NewChinaTown626 » May 5th, 2013, 12:41 pm

In China Town, OLBZ banged side by side with Surenos. We even had a Mexican click called Lazy BoyS, hence the S. Because of the green light, we didn't allow many hispanics to become bonafide Oriental Lazy BoyZ because of the repercussions when hitting the pen. We were looking out for their best interest. They were told to join other Sureno neighborhoods. Till this day when I run into or hang with the Sureno homies, they still express that China Town Love.

Today the green light isn't in full swing, and Mexicans in Asian gangs ARE running with the Asian/Others car with no repercussions.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by judastaugamma » May 5th, 2013, 7:46 pm

no offense, homie.

but your older homies are telling you funky ass fairy tales.

the asian green light started because of trg and other cambodian gangs in long beach.

the exact cause? i've heard everything from shooting up a church to shooting up a school bus to shooting up a quincenera to trg burning mexican flag and dissing mexicans on the news.

i heard it was something trg did or even something abz/efcc/sui did that got blamed on trg.

my guess is it was those 4-5 latinos from l.a. that got capped at a party in long beach. by sui and trg i think. (NOT SURE, LB wasn't my area)

bullet who posts here would know better. he's from long beach.

the green light was because of long beach trg/abz/efcc/st. it was initially on trg, then cambodians, then later all asians except filipinos.

after the green light, a lot of asian gangs and other asian races from different areas try to claim credit and tell made up stories.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » May 5th, 2013, 7:59 pm

btw the asian green light was just a county jail thing.

it didn't apply in prison.

maybe you'd get touched up in reception, MAYBE, but that was more harbor area eses tripping because of trg or san fernando valley eses tripping because of abz.

none of the asian green light was on the street except in long beach and van nuys.

and only the long beach one was official. the valley green light was weak and might not have been official.

the long beach green light on the streets was because of trg, abz and other asian gangs warring with longos as well as mexican non-bangers getting shot.

the valley green light on the streets was just on van nuys abz because they killed 5 eses participating in the sureno peace treaty in the valley.

NewChinaTown626
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NewChinaTown626 » May 5th, 2013, 9:08 pm

I appreciate your post. I know the green light was started by TRG. When I mentioned it was common knowledge, I was thinking people would be on the same page.

As far as what I was told, I was mentioning the story how I heard the older Asians in SGV handled it in their area.

Some Surenos out of LA still have animosity towards the Asians in Long Beach. My good homie from LA Clovers was taught to hate em. His homeboy socked out a TRSX3 because he thought they were TRG trying to claim Sureno.

The homie from my hood got banged on by the Southerners in the county. They asked him what was his race. He said Cambodian. They asked what city. He said China Town. If he were to say Long Beach he wouldve got an issue.

The LBCambodians/Asians/Islanders and Blacks are on that Donkey Killa shit. I dont agree with it and I believe its learned behavior. Maybe the Hispanics from the Beach were victims of learned behavior themselves from being mistreated by Whites.

Filipinos werent on the green light but they were affected. Neighborhood relationships that rode side by side with Surenos became salty.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » May 5th, 2013, 10:24 pm

from my experience hanging out with a lot of asian g's from different hoods and different areas, after the green light in county a lot of asians try to hype up their hood hyping up their ese beefs and green light stories.

truth is it was just long beach trg and long beach cambodians. then it just spread drom there.

you'd be surprise the koreans from ktown, chinese from sgv, pinoys from sfv stories i've heard about the greenlight when it had nothing to do with them or their hood. smh

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » May 8th, 2013, 1:56 pm

pure and simple, esl couldn't handle their own business so they had to use loopholes to make it a race thing. TRG do drive-bys and say fuck la raza on TV that's against the rules, green light them. and then TRs didn't claim in the county because of that. then the green light spread to all Asians in the county because these dumbass surenos couldn't tell the difference between the Asian gangsters and Mr. old man K-town drunk driver so they just jump any Asian they see. so many of them were so chicken shit and only jump off when they outnumber you. I was in the county all during the early 90s. They never fucked with any of us from 3400 Charlie row because we got shanks too.

NewChinaTown626
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NewChinaTown626 » May 8th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Its insane how hate can spread like wild fire.

So how did the green light die down? Were the Filipino and Asian Southsiders the ones to blame?

Was it the same process like how Black cholos were welcomed back into the SouthSide?

Lets just say hypothetically TRG and LBCambodians stayed down during the green light. If they claimed and fought back in the system, it couldve been two options:

1. After the second Cambodian genocide, they would eventually be segregated
2. Make an alliance with the Blacks since Long Beach Blacks and Cambodians already have a relationship and a common enemy

Or were there no other way how things couldve went?

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » May 8th, 2013, 9:59 pm

shing wrote:pure and simple, esl couldn't handle their own business so they had to use loopholes to make it a race thing. TRG do drive-bys and say fuck la raza on TV that's against the rules, green light them. and then TRs didn't claim in the county because of that. then the green light spread to all Asians in the county because these dumbass surenos couldn't tell the difference between the Asian gangsters and Mr. old man K-town drunk driver so they just jump any Asian they see. so many of them were so chicken shit and only jump off when they outnumber you. I was in the county all during the early 90s. They never fucked with any of us from 3400 Charlie row because we got shanks too.
i think the longos asking for help is overrated tbh. longos didn't really need help.

shing you cambodian? or from cambodian gang?

what year were you in gang module?

3400 charlie mid 90's-early 2000's cambodians/AB row.

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » May 9th, 2013, 10:47 am

judastaugamma wrote:no offense, homie.

the asian green light started because of trg and other cambodian gangs in long beach.

the exact cause? i've heard everything from shooting up a church to shooting up a school bus to shooting up a quincenera to trg burning mexican flag and dissing mexicans on the news.

i heard it was something trg did or even something abz/efcc/sui did that got blamed on trg.

my guess is it was those 4-5 latinos from l.a. that got capped at a party in long beach. by sui and trg i think. (NOT SURE, LB wasn't my area)

the green light was because of long beach trg/abz/efcc/st. it was initially on trg, then cambodians, then later all asians except filipinos.

after the green light, a lot of asian gangs and other asian races from different areas try to claim credit and tell made up stories.
yea you're right, I remember when some latino came to party in LB and some lame ass blug rag (abz/efcc/st) which I called them shot an innocent eses...that's when the green light started too and I've been hearing few Khmer/Asians we're getting their head chopped off that how crazy it was.

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » May 9th, 2013, 10:50 am

562booney wrote:
judastaugamma wrote:no offense, homie.

yea you're right, I remember when some latino came to party in LB and some lame ass blug rag click (abz/efcc/st) which I called them shot an innocent eses...that's when the green light started too and I've been hearing few Khmer/Asians we're getting their head chopped off that how crazy it was.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » May 9th, 2013, 1:08 pm

it was a dance club party.

a bunch of kids from l.a. got shot. like 3-4 dead and a couple more wounded.

the main shooter was from suicidal town. not sure where the other one was from (TRG? EFCC? ABZ? not sure) but they were cousins and lao.

the newspapers reported both as cambodian and both as TRG though.

this was the same year as the county green light, so i considered this the most likely cause.

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » May 9th, 2013, 2:49 pm

judastaugamma wrote:it was a dance club party.

a bunch of kids from l.a. got shot. like 3-4 dead and a couple more wounded.

the main shooter was from suicidal town. not sure where the other one was from (TRG? EFCC? ABZ? not sure) but they were cousins and lao.

the newspapers reported both as cambodian and both as TRG though.

this was the same year as the county green light, so i considered this the most likely cause.
damn bro even tho ur not from long beach u know wassup lol yeah I saw the newspaper too back in the days...

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » May 10th, 2013, 4:35 pm

judastaugamma wrote:
shing wrote:pure and simple, esl couldn't handle their own business so they had to use loopholes to make it a race thing. TRG do drive-bys and say fuck la raza on TV that's against the rules, green light them. and then TRs didn't claim in the county because of that. then the green light spread to all Asians in the county because these dumbass surenos couldn't tell the difference between the Asian gangsters and Mr. old man K-town drunk driver so they just jump any Asian they see. so many of them were so chicken shit and only jump off when they outnumber you. I was in the county all during the early 90s. They never fucked with any of us from 3400 Charlie row because we got shanks too.
i think the longos asking for help is overrated tbh. longos didn't really need help.

shing you cambodian? or from cambodian gang?

what year were you in gang module?

3400 charlie mid 90's-early 2000's cambodians/AB row.
94-95 there were hardly any Cambodians from LB in the Asian gang module. Guess where they were. In the crip module. and once they came into the Asian gang module they were so quiet to say that they were from LB.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » May 10th, 2013, 4:50 pm

it must've changed after you left.

they moved the asian gangs to 3200 for a bit. above the bloods.

then they moved them back to 3400 after they got into it with the bloods.

last time i was there, 3400 charlie 1st few cells was long beach or cambodian gangs (ob, olb, efcc, sui, trg), then rest was ab (van nuys, west side, north side, east and north side long beach)

3400 denver they had pinoy and korean gangs up front with 1 program and viets and chinese their program.

NewChinaTown626
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NewChinaTown626 » May 10th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Shing, what was the reason the lbcambodians/asians being moved from the crip module to the asian module? Is this including islanders like samoans and tongans?

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » May 11th, 2013, 12:32 am

NewChinaTown626 wrote:Shing, what was the reason the lbcambodians/asians being moved from the crip module to the asian module? Is this including islanders like samoans and tongans?
islanders stay mainline.

sometimes they claim asian or part asian to get out of mainline.

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » May 11th, 2013, 7:09 pm

So what if you were asian from a varrio, or a mexican from an asian gang, how'd that work in county? Cuz these scenarios definitely exist.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » May 11th, 2013, 9:52 pm

SB Tisoy wrote:So what if you were asian from a varrio, or a mexican from an asian gang, how'd that work in county? Cuz these scenarios definitely exist.
asian from a varrio, you run sur in mainline.

latino in asian hood that's complicated. if they're in satanas, pinoy real or jefrox or something, they can probably get away with running sur in mainline.

trg, abz, efcc, etc., they better go to 2600 or asian gang module or pc up or something,

NewChinaTown626
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NewChinaTown626 » May 12th, 2013, 1:33 pm

judastaugamma wrote:
NewChinaTown626 wrote:Shing, what was the reason the lbcambodians/asians being moved from the crip module to the asian module? Is this including islanders like samoans and tongans?
islanders stay mainline.

Some relationships with Islanders and Blacks became salty as well when Islanders decided to roll Others.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » May 12th, 2013, 8:15 pm

NewChinaTown626 wrote:
judastaugamma wrote:
islanders stay mainline.

Some relationships with Islanders and Blacks became salty as well when Islanders decided to roll Others.
that's more pen stuff.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » May 13th, 2013, 7:38 am

they finally came to their senses and realized they weren't crips

NewChinaTown626
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NewChinaTown626 » May 13th, 2013, 7:50 am

How so? Is this the same time frame when Islanders jumped cars?

Were the Blacks not sticking out for them durin the green light? Or they didnt like their politickin?

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » May 13th, 2013, 4:58 pm

This doesn't have to do with LA County jail. But in OC jail I believe Bullet on here mentioned the Mexicans and whites from We Dont Care rolled the Asian car. I found that interesting considering OCJ is dominate Mexican and white from my understanding. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in LA County at one point. Probably a different story if they hit the pen though.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » July 3rd, 2013, 9:34 pm

Theres a Black hood also goin by WDC..are they connected with the Cambodian WDC?

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » July 6th, 2013, 8:49 am

Yes there is a connection. I've heard this personally from different OC WDC heads. Not sure how it all got started but that's what they spoke of. As far as now a days they both run a separate program. In OC they still claim We Dont Care Crip. In LA, someone on another site was saying they claim Neighborhood 50s Dont Care Crip.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » October 10th, 2013, 10:05 am

How would it be different if they hit the pen?

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » October 10th, 2013, 4:43 pm

I'm not sure what would happen if a Mexican WDC goes to the pen. Can't speak on that since I don't have the answer.