Oldest Compton Varrios in the CPT.

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Oldest Compton Varrios in the CPT.

Unread post by bgcasper » July 10th, 2018, 9:52 pm

no no lonewolf them jardi was inside the area that got tore down and they builded king hospital on top of that project
there was in compton a big ass project called palm lane project !!!jardin 13 was the brown side of that pj the blac side was named farmers

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 12th, 2018, 11:38 am

bgcasper wrote:no no lonewolf them jardi was inside the area that got tore down and they builded king hospital on top of that project
there was in compton a big ass project called palm lane project !!!jardin 13 was the brown side of that pj the blac side was named farmers
well, safe to say they used to be along the length of the border between cpt and watts, along the land where they built drew medical and the 105, plus the imperial courts, that's how it looks, no? i don't know, anyone from jardin in the house? lol

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » October 8th, 2018, 12:33 pm

Lonewolf wrote:I still say 155 is the oldest, if you read psge 70 of the book "VICE" - One cop's story of patrolling the most dangerous city - by Sgt. John R. Baker, it reads that when he arrived in compton in 1951, that 155 was already a big gang grown in the Nestor Tract of unincorpared land that LA city gave to compton, and then in the early 1960s, the 3 groups in the east side of ompton got together as CV3 (Dead End, Largo and TFlats formed Barrio Compton Tres before they broke up into diff gangs, and indeed Largo became 3Compton 6Firme CVL36.
I read pp. 69 - 72 and most of what John Baker writes in his book "VICE" on these pages is incorrect.
1. Maravilla in the mid 1940s was not the first Hispanic gang. (69)
2. The Sleepy Lagoon murder, Jose Diaz, whose name he never mentions was not a turning point for the gangs in 1943.
3. Although several 38th Street members were falsely tried for that murder, which he never mentions.
4. He mentions that they were all acquitted of murder the following year, he never mentions the "anti-Mexican" propaganda that largely convicted them in the first place because the trial was a joke.
5. He said CV3 formed by 3 gangs merging, Largo, Tortilla Flats and Dead End. (Don't know if this is true)
6. The 36 in Largo stands for "CF" for "Compton Firma"
7. The Slausons and Crips did drive-by together (71) completely not true.

Not sure what to believe. He did say CV155 was there in 1951, but not sure.

yourmomslover
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Unread post by yourmomslover » January 22nd, 2019, 1:28 pm

We are the first FLATS hood some PF homies stated that here too and we are late 20s early 30s in cpt maybe around 60-62 not sure and yeah largo is after us 4FLATS came after TF and PF

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 14th, 2019, 3:14 am

yoda100 wrote:
bgcasper wrote:the oldest is between jardin .winos . la tres .
Yes, except alonso is talking about the oldest varrios in 'Compton" not in "Watts" where Jardin was located, they went by "Watts Jardin Gang" and are defunct, the Winos did start in the 1950s, aswell as Largo36 whom also started in the 1950s, but I'd have to say that Compton Varrio Tortilla Flats are older, they started in the 1940s in East Los Angeles before moving into Compton in the 1960s. Me personally i'd put CVTF on the top of that list, theres 3 gangs on that list that started in the 1950s.. so CVTF pretty much pre-date them, I'd go with CVTF, CV3, and CVLargo36 being the oldest on that list
IN that order? 1. Tortilla Flats, 2. CVTres and 3. Largo ??????

You don't believe that CV 155 is one of the oldest?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 4th, 2019, 2:03 pm

bgcasper wrote:
April 10th, 2018, 12:14 am
compton jardin 13 predate all i think
they dont exist anymore, of the varrios that exist today.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 4th, 2019, 2:07 pm

yourmomslover wrote:
January 22nd, 2019, 1:28 pm
We are the first FLATS hood some PF homies stated that here too and we are late 20s early 30s in cpt maybe around 60-62 not sure and yeah largo is after us 4FLATS came after TF and PF
SO you are saying?
1. Tortilla Flats (60-62)
2. Largo after

I think I have some information there was one of these varrios active in the 1950s.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 4th, 2021, 3:20 am

I was talking to Bird from Slauson Village and he recalls Compton Varrio Tortilla Flats being around in 1958. Not sure if this is when they started or just when he heard of them.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”