Miguel Cotto v. Antonio Margarito (rematch 2011)

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Miguel Cotto v. Antonio Margarito (rematch 2011)

Unread post by alexalonso » November 28th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito fought in 2008 when Margarito handed Cotto his first loss. Now they will rematch, because Margarito was caught cheating against Mosely and there are some that believe that he had more than gauze on his knuckles in their first fight. They fight this Sat, Dec 3, in New York

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Miguel Cotto v. Antonio Margarito (rematch 2011)

Unread post by oso1 » November 28th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Alex, or anyone else that's interested in this fight, do you think that Margarito loaded his wraps when he fought Cotto?

For me there is no proof, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

At first I wasn't interested in this fight, but now I'm curious to see what happens. I'm rooting Cotto, but I think Margarito will take it.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » November 29th, 2011, 4:24 am

oso1 wrote:Alex, or anyone else that's interested in this fight, do you think that Margarito loaded his wraps when he fought Cotto?

At first I wasn't interested in this fight, but now I'm curious to see what happens. I'm rooting Cotto, but I think Margarito will take it.
@Oso1- To me there is no question that Margarito loaded his wraps. In my opinion the proof is him getting caught. I don't think that when he was finally exposed, that was his first time.. Since people have been watching him, his punches haven't had the power and affect that they did before. I think that cotto is going to win.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » November 29th, 2011, 9:02 am

Quepolo3 wrote:
oso1 wrote:Alex, or anyone else that's interested in this fight, do you think that Margarito loaded his wraps when he fought Cotto?

@Oso1- To me there is no question that Margarito loaded his wraps. In my opinion the proof is him getting caught. I don't think that when he was finally exposed, that was his first time.. Since people have been watching him, his punches haven't had the power and affect that they did before. I think that cotto is going to win.
Cool. So how do you think Cotto wins, by decision or TKO/KO? If by the latter, what round?

Both fighters have some wear and tear on their bodies. Marg's war Cotto, TKO loss from Mosley, and the beating Pac gave him. Cotto's beating, TKO loss from Marg and Pac TKO, but I think what helps out Marg is, this fight is at 153lbs. A weight that better suits Marg than Cotto. Cotto's a small Jr. Middleweight. Also, Cotto doesn't have Emmanuel Stewart in his corner. I'm rooting for Cotto, I hope he redeems himself.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » December 5th, 2011, 5:39 pm

What did everyone think? Can't say I'm surprised, I knew Cotto was going to come away with this one.

But I have to say Margarito's movement and technique improved a little, usually he shows no improvement between fights.

As far as the hand wraps, well I can't imagine he's gotten away with them his whole career, especially when you consider the opposite corner inspects and signs them off before every fight. I think he may have just packed for that Mosley fight, Cotto can cut easy if you're layin it on him like Marg did in their first fight.

I predicted a unanimous decision, Marg's only hope was a knockout because he can't win rounds against a stellar boxer with technique like Cotto. But I forgot about his orbital bone fracture from Pac's fight and of course it's the main reason the fight was called.

I was disappointed with Cotto though, he didn't show the level of progress from the Mosley to Margarito 1 fight on Saturday, he was still standing in front of Marg taking the body shots. Lucky for him barely any were landing clean. Margarito's accuracy must have been half what it was in the first fight, he looked awful.

I think Antonio will hang em up soon.