Copa del mundo 2014 anyone on this ?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Copa del mundo 2014 anyone on this ?

Unread post by alsheikh971 » June 21st, 2014, 5:44 am

I know i'm european of carribean descent, and like many of others Football (or US call soccer) i s the shit for us !!
Do anyone wach those games in brazil ?
Sentenza, i don't hear you about that ? And the shilloaded of french on here neither ?
What Up Lads?
Are You sleeping or fed Up ?
France is about to reach the 1/8 final, that's good and really unexpected, if we looked at the situation in nov 2013.
Now everybody acts like "footix" and says that France is amongst favorites !? Big ass joke !
Granted if we're on 1/8 but the more we get the more we want ! That's it. France has a fair team, i support them but i know others opponents that seems stronger and smarter ...
It's on you fellows, tell us what you think about this "copa" ...
By the way, in this first round Brazil stinks, save Neymar, and Spain "Auf widerzen"lol, i really couldn't stand them these last 6 years. I hope for France-Argentina in 1/8 that France could challenge a big ass team
Salaam

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: Copa del mundo 2014 anyone on this ?

Unread post by Sentenza » June 22nd, 2014, 7:37 am

I think its eithet brazil, italy or us this time. Id also like to see one of the underdogs win.costa rica was good, so was columbia.

dl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Who cares

Unread post by dl » June 22nd, 2014, 12:08 pm

I try to check as many matches as possible... I think Germany wil grab the cup.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 22nd, 2014, 10:52 pm

Na dude, not with this coach. I'll be glad if we reach the semi-final. I once had Brazil as favorite, but now it's Holland or Chile.

Did anyone watch the match last night? USA vs. Portugal? I did bet on the US 2:1 and I was really pissed off by giving 5 minutes extra time where Portugal scored the final goal.

The US have a good team, great attitude, Klinsman did a great job on them.

Sentenza, not Italy again. Fuck 'em and fuck Balotelli! If this is gonna happen again, I'll burn down the next door pizzeria.Or the ice cream parlor. Or both. :lol:
When Italy beat us in 2006 I tore off the Italian flag from the ice cream parlor next door, wrote "Italia Merda" in big letters on it and hung it on my balcony for all neighborhood to see. :roll: Yes, I know, but sometimes a man got to do what a man got to do... :lol:

dl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dl » June 23rd, 2014, 12:40 pm

Damn HungryWolf :lol: !!!

dl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dl » June 23rd, 2014, 12:46 pm

I'm glad Holland ended first in the poule, and still hope Brazil will loose, I am not their biggest fan :lol: !!! Italy won't make it... As for now, I think it will be Germany vs Holland. Nowadays more Dutch folks like the German team and the Bundesliga, so it would be a great match...

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » June 23rd, 2014, 1:36 pm

Brazil "has to get to win" because :
_ they're at home,
_ they invented genuine football, if that means anything to anyone,
_ they will pay whoever referee to win ...
I'm glad France is doing better than in 2010. But, even if I support them I don't see them afrter 1/4 final but who knows. I just wish Argentina - France in 1/8 and Franceto smash, stomp on them "otha hemisphere cowboyz". Shiiitt !
_ Sorry ass Portugal will have to leave, as sorry ass England.
For the semi final i shall see Brazil (because either they'll be good or be cheating), Italy (because it is always them), Germany (because they play good football) and an ousider. Sorry for batavians (Holland), because tables turn ...
I enjoy this wolrd cupbecause there are so many goals, and only a few teams play defense (fuck that cattenaccio).
May the best wins

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 23rd, 2014, 11:29 pm

Well, my fellow countrymen might stone me to death for this one, but I think it's gonna be the Dutchmen in the final versus Brazil. As for Germany the US will definitely give us a hard time but we will end up 1st or 2nd anyway due to our scored goals. So the next opponent would be Belgium or Russia and I believe we would beat them as well. But as for the quarter finals I really doubt if we are the favorite – no matter who comes along.

Looking forward to the match tonight. Hey Italy, here comes a line for u: U-Ru-GuAY! U-Ru-GuAY! U-Ru-GuAY! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the cup is definitely entertaining. Lots of goals, lots of surprises!!!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 24th, 2014, 8:38 am

HungryWolf wrote:Na dude, not with this coach. I'll be glad if we reach the semi-final. I once had Brazil as favorite, but now it's Holland or Chile.
Like him or not, but you gotta take into consideration that he is the most succesful german coach in terms of win/loss ratio, of all time.

Yea he absolutely changed the way we play, but i really think we have a realistic chance if the players dont stop playing football all of a sudden like they did last time against spain.

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » June 24th, 2014, 1:48 pm

It was the first copa in wich I support Italy...and they failed ! Hummm?
This copa is really entertaining but too many surprises, it's impossible to make a bet :P. I think i will be a winner just by saving my money from beting on this copa.
Go france ! (Tomorrow)
When I was younger I used to travel a lot, and many people told me then,that french team was really lucky, and I used to say no, you're jealous you can't see our talent. Now i've gotta admit that France is such a lucky team in the easiest group.
Lucky like the cheated Husband, lol
I still can't see them beyond 1/4 final.
I will have to support Brazil, Germany or Ghana or even Méjico'... As long as there is "jugo bonito" (save Brazil)
Vive La France

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 24th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Sentenza wrote: Like him or not, but you gotta take into consideration that he is the most succesful german coach in terms of win/loss ratio, of all time.
Well, that's true on one hand but on the other hand he is the most unsuccessful coach as well, for he didn't win no major title. No other coach stayed as long with the team as Löw did and didn't win no title. The only one who did was Otto Nerz and he was Reichscoach. Honestly, I can't take someone seriously who's nickname is "Jogi" and who is more like a dressman than a sportsman. And I don't like the general mentality about him as well. Everybody is so pleased with him and it seems to be enough to be (not even) 3rd in any cup. And since Löw is coach there are so many event-fans, I can't believe it. You should have seen how ppl celebrated the draw against Ghana. Fireworks, crackers, party all night as if we'd already won the cup. What's wrong with them? Couple of years ago that would've been reason enough to riot all night long.
I guess I could go on like this for hours, but bottom line is: Na, I don't like Löw.

But more important is: Italy is going home!!! Yeahhhhhhhhh! Suarez, my favorite vampire of all time. Let's call him the daywalker! :lol:

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 29th, 2014, 10:43 pm

alsheikh971 wrote:Vive La France
Hey alsheikh, I don't wanna jump the gun, but it seems our teams will meet up in the quarter-finals. What you think?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 30th, 2014, 7:33 am

HungryWolf wrote:
But more important is: Italy is going home!!! Yeahhhhhhhhh! Suarez, my favorite vampire of all time. Let's call him the daywalker! :lol:

:mrgreen:

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 30th, 2014, 10:41 am

Muhahahahaha! I heared Uruguay had a belated nomination against Columbia:

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » July 1st, 2014, 5:23 am

[quote="HungryWolf"][quote="alsheikh971"]Vive La France[/quote]

Hey alsheikh, I don't wanna jump the gun, but it seems our teams will meet up in the quarter-finals. What you think?[/quote]
I just checked the forum and Now I can see your post : that's right, Germany and France will meet next Friday.
I don't know what is going on in Germany but Here, we have all the old guard from (82 and 86) that put pressure on our young team, wanting them, to rematch (in their head) those infamous :twisted: games we lost 32 and 28 years ago :roll:
To speak frankly, yesterday I supported Algeria (my in-law's country) but I knew Germany was favorite, plus Germany plays good Football. From what i could read some people in germany aren't in system, they wolould like to see them playing the good "panzer style" football but personnally, I like very much the way Germany plays now.
To me, It's a plus that France is in 1/4 final because we came from a long steep road ...
May the best win, even if I hope France will win.
For the rest of the competition I just hope that argentina get lost in the middle of the field, Go Belgium, and afterward Anyone could win even Costa Rica. I can't stand Messi even if I must reckon that He is one of the best player ever.
I don't speak german, just 3,4 words but does Scheinsteiger mean Pigs killer/slaughter ? He could be muslim or jew !? lol

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 1st, 2014, 5:45 am

alsheikh971 wrote: I don't speak german, just 3,4 words but does Scheinsteiger mean Pigs killer/slaughter ? He could be muslim or jew !? lol
No. Schwein actually means pig and steiger, well thats not really a word, but its derived from old german meaning stable.

The name is a southern german name referring to someone who lived in places with a lot of pigs. Those names are 500+ years old...And he is not muslim or jewish.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 1st, 2014, 5:47 am

alsheikh971 wrote: May the best win, even if I hope France will win.
I think if France plays as bad as against Nigeria and Germany as bad as yesterday its going to be a draw and penalties, lol.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » July 1st, 2014, 10:58 am

Maaaaaan, just watching ARG vs SUI and I can't stand extra time no more. What's going on there? Every second match has an extra time since the 1/8 started.

Well, I know France is in a bit better position because of the mess that the German team was about in last match. They had to take some harsh critics. I don't know how this will affect the upcoming match. I must admit I was so fucked up by the way they played against Algeria that I wished Germany would lose. But only for a second :lol:
OK, let's do a bet on FRA-GER. I'd say it's a close 0:1 for Germany. I fear it's gonna have extra time as well, but we'll see. Anyway, you are right alsheik, may the best team win.

For the rest I keep my fingers crossed for the Netherlands (coz I have some Dutch blood in me) and right now for Argentina. I am a big Bocas fan, been to Buenos Aires last year and have also been to the Bomboniera in La Boca. It's a must see for any football fan. I luv the city, the football maniacs there and of course the food. It's definitely worth a trip.
And for sure I'll do my "U-S-A" chants tonight, coz I got friends and family there, plus Klinsmann is a great German coach, better than freaking Löw – but they will not make it, I fear :lol:

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » July 1st, 2014, 12:00 pm

alsheikh971 wrote: To me, It's a plus that France is in 1/4 final because we came from a long steep road ...
Yes, definitely. You guys really gave me a hard time around 2000. And then France broke in and were not seen for a long time. So, this match is absolutely a classic. We'll see! 8)

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » July 1st, 2014, 12:52 pm

Like both of you have said, we might have an extra-Time again, after the 1st round of this turnament all team are just about "wait & see" or like in NBA "Defence !! Defence !!"
I hope I would be able to see the match live ?!! Because you know, children wake up anytime at night ... when your neighbors are screaming like savages because they're watching THE GAME. I hope we reach the extra-time with a score "à la" 2-2 ou +
It will have to be spectacular ...
Good evening fellows over the Rhine lol
Salaam

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » July 2nd, 2014, 6:20 am

That'd be a good score. No 0:0 again. Yeah, kids are thing but the match will be at 6 pm. So, get em dressed up in Blue and place them in front of the TV. You r never too young to get used to football :lol: :lol: :lol:

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » July 2nd, 2014, 1:11 pm

I"ll try to follow your advice, lol.
As you said no 0-0 (vomit)
Argentina and Belgium did it.
Thursday at the same hour one (alsheikh) or two (hungrywolf and sentenza) will be drying his/their tears !!! :shock:
Salaam

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » July 2nd, 2014, 11:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No man, it's on Friday. I'll be back on Saturday morning – maybe... :lol:

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » July 3rd, 2014, 12:52 am

You got me on that :lol:
Sorry on friday, today there is nothing :cry:
Salaam

dl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dl » July 3rd, 2014, 12:02 pm

To bad no matches for two days... I'm hoping for more surprises in the quarter finals.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » July 4th, 2014, 11:41 am

HungryWolf wrote:OK, let's do a bet on FRA-GER. I'd say it's a close 0:1 for Germany.
Doop, doop, doop, piii-dooooooo! 8)

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » July 6th, 2014, 3:24 am

The best won. I must confess even if I missed the first 30 minutes of the 2nd half, beacause my children were hungry and I was a bit, let's say disapointed ... When I cam back watching at 75' I still had hope but we FAILED ...
At the end, Favorites won : Brasil (with or without the help/aid of the referees), Germany (re-read what Gary Lineker said once), Argentina (They're gonna eat all the meat leaving us the insects :shock: ) and Tada The Dutch from Holland (Cannabis land). Everyone can win but/save argentina.
Fortunately there's the Tour de France that began saturday, at least ...
Have good bets, though ...
Salaam
Hope you german guys didn't went drunk last Friday

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » July 9th, 2014, 1:24 am

alsheikh971 wrote:Hope you german guys didn't went drunk last Friday
Nope, but yesterday, freakin' badly. Still having a hangover at the office. Hell of a match! Freakin' fuckin' great! Can't describe that feeling when ur team scores 5:0 in the first 30 minutes of the match against the favorite. Maybe like cocaine. At first you feel nothing, then u r overpowered and then u just want more and more and more! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My whole town went crazy all night long. Honestly, nobody but me and two other guys r working today. The other 7 just didn't show up. Hilarious! :lol:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 9th, 2014, 1:55 am

Holy shit, what was that, lol...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 9th, 2014, 2:21 am

HungryWolf wrote:
alsheikh971 wrote:Hope you german guys didn't went drunk last Friday
Nope, but yesterday, freakin' badly. Still having a hangover at the office. Hell of a match! Freakin' fuckin' great! Can't describe that feeling when ur team scores 5:0 in the first 30 minutes of the match against the favorite. Maybe like cocaine. At first you feel nothing, then u r overpowered and then u just want more and more and more! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My whole town went crazy all night long. Honestly, nobody but me and two other guys r working today. The other 7 just didn't show up. Hilarious! :lol:
:mrgreen:

dl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dl » July 9th, 2014, 3:14 am

Congrats Germany, what a match!!! If Hollans wins tonight it will be a great final, but a bit scary for us Dutchies :shock:

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » July 9th, 2014, 6:34 am

Scary for me as well. My last name is Dutch, so I am a fan of both teams which might be twisted sometimes. I actually wanted to go to Venlo to watch the match at the weekend but not if Holland play Germany ... :shock: :lol: