Hub City Riders of Compton

The motorcycle and car club scene in Southern Cal is growing and has globalized in recent years. They are not gangs, but many former gang members have got into them.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Hub City Riders of Compton

Unread post by alexalonso » January 23rd, 2009, 2:45 pm

Motorcycle jacket of the Hub City Rider of Compton. If you look close at the yellow box, each of the four lines has the name of a LA freeway in it, hence the "hub"
Attachments
img_6638.jpg
at MLK celebration 01/19/09 - Leimert Park
img_6638.jpg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 19029 times

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Hub City Riders of Compton

Unread post by Silencioso » July 7th, 2010, 12:12 pm

Why do white kids that dress like black gangbangers get ridiculed, but black guys that dress like white outlaw bikers get a pass?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » July 7th, 2010, 3:35 pm

Silencioso wrote:Why do white kids that dress like black gangbangers get ridiculed, but black guys that dress like white outlaw bikers get a pass?
Because those racial lines in gangs are an illusion. Blacks/Latinos are attracted to motorcycle gangs aswell as whites are attracted to black/latino gangs. Nothing special about it. Just in a racists world.
Its not worth praising, cause its gang stuff, but thats the way it is. It goes cross borders, no matter if gang politics like it.
Its all about people who wanna join gangs and thats not dependent of black/white and yellow but of attitude and upcoming.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 7th, 2010, 3:51 pm

*Gotta add something. There is some negative attitude in the Latino and especially in the black community, that gangs are something indigenious about them, something speacial to their own culture, something cool, something to defend against the white man.
There is negelct that there are tremendous amounts of white gangs in the world too, because the US believes (all races) that gangs are a latino or black thing. And minorities are brainwashed into believing that too. Thats why they defend it as if it was something good, that only they are allowed to do.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: 1904

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » July 7th, 2010, 7:53 pm

Some people keep calling all MC's gangs. Not all are. Aren't Hub City Riders just a club? A true Motorcycle gang wears 1%.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » July 7th, 2010, 8:00 pm

Silencioso wrote:Why do white kids that dress like black gangbangers get ridiculed, but black guys that dress like white outlaw bikers get a pass?

Probably since there have been Black and integrated MC clubs as long as there have been white clubs. Seems like all MC clubs (even back in the day) dress the same-black, white, Native, integrated, 1%, 99%, etc.....all pretty much have similar dress. Probably why the 1% diamond became incorporated into the true outlaw bikers regalia.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 8th, 2010, 8:09 am

I don't see how wearing a patch is a racial thing. Those guys aren't wearing what most Hells Angels would wear. Only thing similar is the vest with a patch, which is common from white outlaw bikers of CA to the Puerto Rican Devil's Rebels of Brooklyn to the Black MC's of Detroit.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » July 8th, 2010, 12:49 pm

19DAGO04 wrote:

Probably since there have been Black and integrated MC clubs as long as there have been white clubs. Seems like all MC clubs (even back in the day) dress the same-black, white, Native, integrated, 1%, 99%, etc.....all pretty much have similar dress. Probably why the 1% diamond became incorporated into the true outlaw bikers regalia.
That's all true but you could say the same about white street gangs. They've been around for over a century and up until the 80's white gangs rumbled with black gangs (at least in NY and Chi) and most white gangs were classic street gangs not skinheads or aryans. Nowadays white gangs are considered de facto jokes and the public image of white gangs are skinheads. I just think it's funny how black people ridicule whites dressing like black gang bangers, but then think its OK to dress like Hells Angels. And Cold Bear, the practice of rocking the club name on a vest was started by the Hells Angels! I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is do: Chicanos invented low riding, blacks invented hip hop, whites invented the biker style. What's the problem?

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » July 8th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Silencioso wrote:
19DAGO04 wrote:
Silencioso wrote: And Cold Bear, the practice of rocking the club name on a vest was started by the Hells Angels! I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is do: Chicanos invented low riding, blacks invented hip hop, whites invented the biker style. What's the problem?
Where did you get that info about HA's being the first to wear a club name on a vest? Never thought of the vest part that's interesting. Maybe they were the first to use a vest, but there were others before them to wear names embroidered rocker style or on rocker patches on jackets, shirts, and sweaters.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » July 10th, 2010, 1:53 pm

well, actually what I know, DAGO, is that CA Bikers (specifically the HA's) started the practice of wearing the colors on a cut off jean jacket back in the 50's. Leather vests developed out of that. The whole dirty long haired "barbarian horde" biker look was started by CA clubs like the Angels and Satan Slaves. Bikers in the Midwest like the Outlaws wore their colors on a buttom up cowboy type shirt (kind of a rockabilly style) and East Coast bikers like the Pagans had the clean sharp greaser look with motorcycle jackets, clean jeans, bike boots etc. The media hype on the HA's in the 60's and all those biker movies popularized the CA biker style. Bikers in other parts of the country picked up on that look. By the early 70's that was THE biker look. Everybody looked like the Hells Angels.
chicago.jpg
chicago.jpg (13.77 KiB) Viewed 18931 times
diner.jpg
diner.jpg (16.95 KiB) Viewed 18931 times
The bottom pic shows the original Outlaws cowboy style shirt. The top shows the later HA influence cut off jean jacket.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » July 10th, 2010, 2:00 pm

DAGO: but there were others before them to wear names embroidered rocker style or on rocker patches on jackets, shirts, and sweaters.

I doubt any one gang or ethnic group can take credit for inneting the idea of having the name or emblem of the gang on some article of clothing. That seems like one of those "universal" aspects of gangbanging. Like hanging out, fighting other gangs, initiations, graffiti, nick names etc..

I wonder, what the first gang to wear the gang name on a shirt or jacket? Probably some long forgotten NY Irish gang.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 10th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Silencioso wrote:
I wonder, what the first gang to wear the gang name on a shirt or jacket? Probably some long forgotten NY Irish gang.
I would bet 20 bucks it was way before that.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » July 10th, 2010, 3:28 pm

Silencioso wrote:DAGO: but there were others before them to wear names embroidered rocker style or on rocker patches on jackets, shirts, and sweaters.

I doubt any one gang or ethnic group can take credit for inneting the idea of having the name or emblem of the gang on some article of clothing. That seems like one of those "universal" aspects of gangbanging. Like hanging out, fighting other gangs, initiations, graffiti, nick names etc..

I was thinking the same on that "universal thought." Some of those midwest gangs like Gaylords, Popes....and OVS Black Angels did back in the day.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » July 10th, 2010, 4:01 pm

Silencioso wrote:well, actually what I know, DAGO, is that CA Bikers (specifically the HA's) started the practice of wearing the colors on a cut off jean jacket back in the 50's. Leather vests developed out of that. The whole dirty long haired "barbarian horde" biker look was started by CA clubs like the Angels and Satan Slaves. Bikers in the Midwest like the Outlaws wore their colors on a buttom up cowboy type shirt (kind of a rockabilly style) and East Coast bikers like the Pagans had the clean sharp greaser look with motorcycle jackets, clean jeans, bike boots etc. The media hype on the HA's in the 60's and all those biker movies popularized the CA biker style. Bikers in other parts of the country picked up on that look. By the early 70's that was THE biker look. Everybody looked like the Hells Angels.
chicago.jpg
diner.jpg
The bottom pic shows the original Outlaws cowboy style shirt. The top shows the later HA influence cut off jean jacket.
I wasn't doubting you. I never thought of it. I was asking for a source. Other than photos off the OMC web-like a readable source. So I can read and learn. Everyone pretty much knows that CA MC's set the pace for the 1% world, whether or not HAMC did what first. I think everyone gets caught up in the mystique of HAMC, and forgets that other clubs influenced them. But your right about the media hype. That hype surrounding specifically HAMC and other clubs like GGMC, Hangmen, and Satan's Slaves influenced people to start up similar MC's across the US during the late 1960's. Look how many 1% MC's popped up at that time-Mongols, Warlocks, Invaders The Breed, Brother Speed, Coffin Cheaters, Hessians, Devil's Disciples, Sons of Silence, Vagos, and loads of Aussie bikie clubs!

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 12th, 2010, 11:30 am

19DAGO04 wrote:
19DAGO04 wrote:
Silencioso wrote: And Cold Bear, the practice of rocking the club name on a vest was started by the Hells Angels! I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is do: Chicanos invented low riding, blacks invented hip hop, whites invented the biker style. What's the problem?
Where did you get that info about HA's being the first to wear a club name on a vest? Never thought of the vest part that's interesting. Maybe they were the first to use a vest, but there were others before them to wear names embroidered rocker style or on rocker patches on jackets, shirts, and sweaters.
My point to Silencioso, and he definitely knows this, is that gangs in NYC have been wearing the vest with the name of the gang on it since at least the 60's.

You state in a post above that the HA's were doing this in the 50's, and that gives them precedence.

You're of the opinion that the street gangs of NY, as well as bikers, and even uprocking crews adopted this practice directly from the HA's?

Just want to clarify

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » July 12th, 2010, 4:58 pm

Not dissen...just thinks this is funny-Gangs in NY with vest and patches....reminds me of the Warriors!

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » July 13th, 2010, 10:24 am

My point to Silencioso, and he definitely knows this, is that gangs in NYC have been wearing the vest with the name of the gang on it since at least the 60's.

You state in a post above that the HA's were doing this in the 50's, and that gives them precedence.

You're of the opinion that the street gangs of NY, as well as bikers, and even uprocking crews adopted this practice directly from the HA's?

Just want to clarify

Cold Bear, I definately know that. NY gangs like the Skulls, Savage Nomads were influenced by the outlaw biker style, some of those gangs actually became MC's later on. You mentioned the Devil's Rebels a while back. They started out as a street gang in Bushwick. Whether the influence was directly from the HA's or from Biker movies or from local NY biker clubs, it all comes down to the same origin.

Vests became part of the NY street culture and so you had uprockers and even some b-boys rocking vests with the crew name on the back. I'm 100% cool with all that. I was simply pointing out a strange double standard in the white/black dynamic. Black guys think that white boys that dress/act like black gangbangers or gangsta hiphoppers are clowns and defacto wannabes yet many blacks have adopted the outlaw biker style, a style most people associate as "white".

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » July 13th, 2010, 10:30 am

19DAGO04 wrote:Not dissen...just thinks this is funny-Gangs in NY with vest and patches....reminds me of the Warriors!
Yeah, I used to think that too until I went to NY and I saw some of those guys in person. 20 people wearing gang vests walking down the street makes a state a big impression!

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 14th, 2010, 7:43 am

Silencioso wrote:My point to Silencioso, and he definitely knows this, is that gangs in NYC have been wearing the vest with the name of the gang on it since at least the 60's.

Just want to clarify

Cold Bear, I definately know that. NY gangs like the Skulls, Savage Nomads were influenced by the outlaw biker style, some of those gangs actually became MC's later on. You mentioned the Devil's Rebels a while back. They started out as a street gang in Bushwick. Whether the influence was directly from the HA's or from Biker movies or from local NY biker clubs, it all comes down to the same origin.

Vests became part of the NY street culture and so you had uprockers and even some b-boys rocking vests with the crew name on the back. I'm 100% cool with all that. I was simply pointing out a strange double standard in the white/black dynamic. Black guys think that white boys that dress/act like black gangbangers or gangsta hiphoppers are clowns and defacto wannabes yet many blacks have adopted the outlaw biker style, a style most people associate as "white".
Oh I'm definitely not into any double standards. There's plenty stuff white gangs and white immigrants in NYC started up! I just didn't know and wasn't aware that the prevalent use of colors or what you call the vest with the name of the gang on the back worn by so many different groups of primarily Blacks and Latinos in NYC was adopted from west coast White biker culture. I take your word since I know you do your research.

Oh and Devil's Rebels they operate a bar I sometimes go to on Flushing Ave on the border of Bed Stuy and Bushwick. I was talking to one of the dudes about Devil's Rebels and about them doing security for the bar and "morenos from Marcy (Projects where Jay Z is from right down the street) always starting shit" LOL. Whole bunch of them rocking the colors in there.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 14th, 2010, 7:46 am

Silencioso wrote:
19DAGO04 wrote:Not dissen...just thinks this is funny-Gangs in NY with vest and patches....reminds me of the Warriors!
Yeah, I used to think that too until I went to NY and I saw some of those guys in person. 20 people wearing gang vests walking down the street makes a state a big impression!
Yeah when you're in your favorite bar and 15 Ching-A-Ling Nomads come in with their colors on after a ride and take up the whole bar.... you can say that again.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » July 14th, 2010, 4:06 pm

Cold Bear wrote:
Silencioso wrote:
Yeah when you're in your favorite bar and 15 Ching-A-Ling Nomads come in with their colors on after a ride and take up the whole bar.... you can say that again.
F--k no I wouldn't. I got respect. It's just the imagery of the Warriors movie...with the music and dress...

But if you look at photos of all those old school gangs...they look nothing like the warriors. Scary ass motherf--kers!

http://www.classicnystreetgangs.com/blackspades.htm

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » March 6th, 2012, 7:35 pm

thats funny actually.