From La Ceiba, Honduras

Mexico and El Salvador has received the most international recognition for street gang development as a result of US deportation, but other countries in South & Central America & the Caribbean including Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Domincan Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti [d'Haïti], Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico [Estados Unidos Mexicanos], Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru [Perú], Puerto Rico, Suriname, Uruguay, Venenzuela and many other islands in the Caribbean.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

From La Ceiba, Honduras

Unread post by alexalonso » July 23rd, 2004, 7:24 pm

Subject: 18th street in honduras

Date: Mon 07/07/03 06:08 PM

Mr. Alonso ;
My english handwriting is not too good , my birth language is
spanish, I am a honduran, and i am a 18 st,wannabe.. see few months ago
68 eighteen street gang members were killed in prison by some PIGS, that
was Planned even though the police denies that, when I saw the hommies
dead in t.v., i wanted to get a gun and kill a motherfocker pig, but i
just know i cant I dont have the guts to do it, there ara over 12,000
eighteen street homes in Honduras,

right now the focking honduran president wants too put a law that being
a gang member is gonna be a CRIME! , do you BELIEVE that! were not free in here man, right now in the city of La Ceiba, Honduras,Central America the hommies are calm down.. hope the gang doesnt dissapear.
BY COSME XVIII

sxr3no
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: From La Ceiba, Honduras

Unread post by sxr3no » September 4th, 2004, 1:35 am

Some thing like that is happening in El Salvador. Who ever has a tatto representing MS or 18th street which are the main gangs from over there gets taken to jail or any other gang also and if you get kill and you have any kind of tattos you get pointed out as a gang member and they do not go on with any kind fo investigation because they think you were a gang banger

MRxCLOUDYxLOC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MRxCLOUDYxLOC » November 13th, 2004, 9:37 am

for sure.. i chill with some Salvadoran and Honduran homies and when foos from here get deported down there they die. They go to awaiting death squads mayn, them countries is still fucked up. But the cops catch shit too, homie was talkin bout how the mountains is pretty much free from the cops cuz they down to kill piggies down there.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » November 13th, 2004, 12:29 pm

What's happening in El Salvador is damn sad. 18th Street (and some of their El Salvadorian allies that were also deported) are full on warring with Mara Salvatrucha (which means "Group of Salvadorians" and is from and philosophically El Salvadorian unlike 18th street which has all races in it in the USA though of course comprised mainly of El Salvadorians in El Salvador.. other differences would be their structure as 18th street views everyone as equal whereas MS has structure). Anyways, it is a major problem there and the treachery and ruthlessness shown is chilling.

One example of how warfare there goes might be like this and I say don't read any further if you don't want to read about the violence there. I personally don't as a man of peace but it is happening there and if anything can be done to bring peace and put an end to the current level of it I think 99% of the world would like to see it done. Hopefully, just explaining it will help bring attention to the depth of the problem. So just as an example this is how it can go..

One side lures the other into a "house" and then rushes in and chops them to pieces with machetes throwing the heads in front of the police station afterwards so they won't be mistaken for being missing. Not a pretty picture is it. Then there are rituals that occur like on the 18th of a certain month MS knocks off an 18th street member. Like I said very very serious problem there. Many of the members are abandoned children that grew up in the gang and that IS their family and know no other way to live.

Now I heard that there is at least one non-profit doing a lot of good there but the problem is that say a Pastor goes in and sets up shop with a clique.. maybe 200 members (just as an example) and big changes begin to happen in their lives.. nobody is reaching the other side dig? It's like a barrior exists because one side is being reached and the other side will never accept that Pastor and his staff because they are viewed as part of the opposing camp. But I have heard there are people ready to go and help with this dedicating themselves to various sides so all sides can be helped, loved, and reached and the current situation in cities like San Salvador can begin to turn around.

Then you have the whole problem with the right wing death squads. That's a very serious problem too. It's my understanding that not a single member of one of these squads has ever been photographed without a hood covering their head. Nobody knows who they are except them.

Honduras who has a history of emnity with El Salvador has some similar problems.

Anyway, the everyday people of El Salvador deserve better than the mess they have to deal with and I hope good is done there over the next decade as footholds of peace take root.

Brig

Unread post by Brig » January 3rd, 2006, 5:55 pm

Honduras is probably the gang murder capital of the world right now. El Salvador's murder rate has been dropping steadily since 1994 and Honduras has got worse. There's also significant drops in murder in Colombia and South Africa.

Just the sheer scale of mass killing by 'street gangs' in Honduras makes it the worst - and is probably even worse than early 90's Colombia, which has an extremely violent and underreported history of 'street gang' violence. I mean, 28 people machine-gunned to death on a bus in San Pedro Sula by maras says it all.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » March 4th, 2013, 9:27 am

hows the gang scene in Honduras these days?

what little I do know about Honduras in that even amongst poor latina American coutries

they are extremely poor

istekse818
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: san fernando

Unread post by istekse818 » August 30th, 2013, 12:35 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:hows the gang scene in Honduras these days?

what little I do know about Honduras in that even amongst poor latina American coutries

they are extremely poor

Its vicious its the same as central america but the cops are giving gangmembers a taste of their medicine ...killing them after being detained burning their prisons down killing off there corrupt lawyers and symphathizers and instead of sucking it up like gees theygo and call for human rights what peopledont know is human rights are crooks so called activist who take large sums of money under the table so everyone can fly under the radar

istekse818
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: san fernando

Unread post by istekse818 » August 30th, 2013, 12:41 pm

alexalonso wrote:From: German Bueso

Subject: 18th street in honduras

Date: Mon 07/07/03 06:08 PM

Mr. Alonso ;
My english handwriting is not too good , my birth language is
spanish, I am a honduran, and i am a 18 st,wannabe.. see few months ago
68 eighteen street gang members were killed in prison by some PIGS, that
was Planned even though the police denies that, when I saw the hommies
dead in t.v., i wanted to get a gun and kill a motherfocker pig, but i
just know i cant I dont have the guts to do it, there ara over 12,000
eighteen street homes in Honduras,

They deserve to be exterminated nothing is going to stop that just delay it central america is a liberal scumtown the worst thing latin america did was remove their military government and bring in a bunch of no heart having fast to take a bribe civilian "democracy "wher every law for progress is stalemated then reset to buy the rest into a veto where then they take what they got and fly the heck out of their into usa or euroupe look at felipe calderon not even two weeks out of presidentsy and he has on a 1st class trip out to the usa

right now the focking honduran president wants too put a law that being
a gang member is gonna be a CRIME! , do you BELIEVE that! were not free in here man, right now in the city of La Ceiba, Honduras,Central America the hommies are calm down.. hope the gang doesnt dissapear.
BY COSME XVIII