20 to 25 Bodies Found in Mexico Mine

Mexico and El Salvador has received the most international recognition for street gang development as a result of US deportation, but other countries in South & Central America & the Caribbean including Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Domincan Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti [d'Haïti], Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico [Estados Unidos Mexicanos], Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru [Perú], Puerto Rico, Suriname, Uruguay, Venenzuela and many other islands in the Caribbean.
admin

20 to 25 Bodies Found in Mexico Mine

Unread post by admin » May 30th, 2010, 9:14 am

This topic correspond to the post that can be found at http://www.streetgangs.com/news/053010_mexico_mine:THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
May 30, 2010

MEXICO CITY (AP) — The bodies of 20 to 25 people, apparently victims of drug gang violence, were recovered from an abandoned silver mine in an area of southern Mexico popular with international tourists, a federal police official said Sunday.

The bodies appear to have been tossed over time down about 300 feet into the abandoned mine, which is near Taxco, a city in the state of Guerrero that is known for its silver jewelry and other items. The area, dotted by hundreds of mines, is popular with tourists from the United States and elsewhere.

Federal Police Commissioner Facundo Rosas said a suspect told the authorities about the mass grave, and they began pulling bodies from the mine late Saturday.

Guerrero is plagued by drug violence among rival gangs, and marked by brazen attacks on the police and soldiers engaged in a crackdown on traffickers.

In an unrelated case, Mr. Rosas said Sunday, the authorities arrested two brothers on Mexico’s most wanted list who are suspected of being members of La Línea drug gang and tied to several killings.