Netflix true crime series Narcos spurs huge demand for Colombian women.

Mexico and El Salvador has received the most international recognition for street gang development as a result of US deportation, but other countries in South & Central America & the Caribbean including Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Domincan Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti [d'Haïti], Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico [Estados Unidos Mexicanos], Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru [Perú], Puerto Rico, Suriname, Uruguay, Venenzuela and many other islands in the Caribbean.
01stworldview
If in the United States: Colorado
What city do you live in now?: littleton

Unread post by 01stworldview » November 2nd, 2016, 4:04 pm

Produced by Netflix, the show "Narcos" takes on the infamous Medellin drug cartel which follows the rise and fall of Colombian kingpin Pablo Escobar and the Drug Enforcement Agency agents hunting him. The story is told largely from the points of view of Escobar (Brazilian actor Wagner Moura) and U.S. DEA Agent Steve Murphy (Boyd Holbrook), on opposite sides of what would become an all-out war.

Many critics of true crime dramas have always complained they are promoting crime and violence by glorification, an unintended consequence of American entertainment industries. These shows can have other interesting consequences. The Foreign Bride industry has seen a huge spike in demand for Colombian women. This can be viewed as positive or negative, depending on social perspective.

Foreign Brides, sometimes referred to as "mail order brides", a term the industry completely rejects, have become a billion dollar a year business. According to industry leaders, Colombia represented only about 3% of the market three years ago. Since the popularity of Narcos, many companies have seen near tenfold increases in men seeking Colombian wives.

A Foreign Affair (AFA), a company that helps men find women through international tours, says tours to Colombia are now selling out. AFA arranges group tours where 10 to 20 men travel together to Medellin, Cartagena or Barranquilla. During the tour, they attend arranged Social events where the men meet hundreds of beautiful Colombian women looking for marriage. Women can also place their profiles on the AFA web site, in the hopes of finding a husband.

Kenneth Agee, the marketing director for AFA says, "Because of the show we are doubling our tours to Medellin for next year. Narcos has brought a lot of attention to the intense beauty of Colombian women. Although the show is often very violent, the women of Colombia come across as very family oriented and loyal. These values seem harder and harder to find in this world. I would have to agree, because of the interest in Narcos, we even added an excursion to where Pablo's self-built prison was located, in the hills overlooking Medellin.

The crowning of 2015 Miss Universe Paulina Vega put Barranquilla, Colombia on the map. Barranquilla now has recognition for being home to some of the most beautiful and talented women in the world. Not only is Miss Universe from here, Grammy Award winning pop singer Shakira, and actress Sofia Vergara also call Barranquilla home. Vergara stars on the ABC series Modern Family as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett. She's been nominated for 4 Golden Globe Awards, 4 Prime time Emmy Awards, and 7 Screen Actors Guild Awards, all stemming from this role. In 2014, she was ranked as the 32nd Most Powerful Woman in the world by Forbes.

David from Mesa AZ says he met more qualified women in one week than he has during the last 10 years. In 2010, Lisa Ling and the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) filmed a one hour show on the AFA tour called "Online Brides - Our America with Lisa Ling." Even Lisa Ling was surprised by the beauty and sincerity of the women from Barranquilla.

Janet Davis, head of a women's rights group says "AFA is just taking advantage of women from these third world countries. This is no different than Pablo trafficking in narcotics, but these companies traffic women." Proponents refer to a Report (INTERNATIONAL MATCHMAKING ORGANIZATIONS: A REPORT TO CONGRESS) that these marriages have much lower divorce rates and abuse rates compared to traditional domestic marriages. This data makes international dating similar to a woman in the US joining eHarmony to look for a husband.

23-year-old Viviana, from Cartagena, says "I come to these events because I know the men attending are serious about marriage, they are faithful and are good to family. For Colombian women, it is the most important thing, good husband and good family.

Kenneth says, "It has not been all rosy. Narcos has brought us some problems. In Cartagena, we have several Penthouses we rent out. One was originally owned by "Don Diego" head of the Norte Del Velle Drug Cartel, the other by Pablo's people. Over the past year, the properties have been tracked down by individuals thinking they will find large qualities of cash hidden, thus we sometimes find holes all over the walls after a tenant leaves.

For Narcos fans, those who love the gangster genre, or just those who just like seeing beautiful Latin women, there's good news; Netflix's has confirmed Season 3 and 4.

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Sydney

Re: Netflix true crime series Narcos spurs huge demand for Colombian women.

Unread post by OziHomie » December 8th, 2018, 5:57 pm

a season 4 ??? AWSOME !!! I've got season 1,2and 3.. ive watched season 1 and 2 like ten times already.. and season 3 once as i only just got it .. these are really well made series.. great characters, outstanding filmography and quite deep storylines .. i felt by series 3 they thinned out the characters a bit.. would've been good to have a few more characters like series 1 had .. but all up this is one of my all time favourite crime series .. bring on season 4 .. which should prolly be about mexican cartels as after the cali cartel went down i think the bulk of narco activities shifted to mexico.. this would make a pretty difficult series to make with so many characters who played a major role from fuentes to el chapo and all the cartels sinaloa juarez and others.. i studied the mexican cartels and narco trade quite a lot .. was sickened by some of the videos i saw.. i watched one vid where cartel members sat 4 women on their knees then proceeded to chop them to pieces with logging axes.. was quite ill but i like to experience human reality at least once so i watched it once .. twice wouldve been too much ..like the pearl beheading that i also watched once.. anyway i digress.. i hope they make a really strong series 4 about mexicos cartels post cali .. and get it right .. it would need to be 7 discs long to capture it all though.. the history of mexican cartels as i studied them is very thick and deep with a tonne of important characters .. its not like columbia which had a handful of major players who ran it all .. in mexico theres been a lot of big players

as for columbian women.. are you kidding me.. they've always been hot .. women from that whole region of latin america are stunning always have been.. this series didnt make me like them any more or less .. for me this series made me look into the actual crazyness and lifestyle of these billionaire narcos and the values they had .. the incredible things they did .. like pablo actually trying to become a politician .. like pablo using the guerrilas to invade parliament killing half the judges and torching his files so couldnt be convicted - then killing them too .. my favourite character though was gacha .. i had no idea who he even was until i watched this series.. id heard of lederer and he too is a fascinating character who started off with jung .. and is now locked deeply away somewhere in americas prisons.. but gacha the emerald dealer cum narco was truly fascinating to watch..

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » December 8th, 2018, 7:05 pm

Narcos Mexico is already out. I watched the whole season. It was good, although I like the first three Narcos better. Far more entertaining, probably because the events portrayed were just crazier in that time in columbia. Narcos Mexico would will probably get better in the next seasons. This season was more of like the introduction. The story of how the Mexican Cartels became powerful, back when they were just marijuana distributes and how they got into coccaine.

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Sydney

Unread post by OziHomie » December 9th, 2018, 4:17 pm

Thanks for that.. yeah Im in Australia so we get everything hella late here and i dont have pay TV as i refuse to pay for it on principle so i always buy the DVDs when they come out or download it if i can find it but these series are never available online so i just wait and buy them .. they're keepers anyway as i will rewatch them over n over.. yeah true the mexicans started in the mary j trade .. then i think they got into heroin before getting into cocaine and cutting out columbia who was getting most of its coke by then via bolivia peru and other neighboring states.. i think coz shit got too hot in columbia for their jungle labs and sites.. plus it was easier to export from mexico as technology improved .. back in escobars days they were just flying it in or using cigar flyers to ship it in .. i dont think u can do that any more with modern tech so its easier to come straight over the border and i know mexicans built major underground tunnels to just walk it through then formed unions with latino street gangs to move it through the states.. oh well i shall wait for it but im glad to hear theyve made a series 4 and 5 on the way about mexico.. should be very interesting .. thanks again

Barbai26
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: new york

Unread post by Barbai26 » February 9th, 2019, 1:53 am

Well, these are some amazing shows. I know that these are not suitable for the kids though. Therefore, I found series by Andy Yeatman on Netflix only. My kids watch those series and I watch this at times. I am glad we have internet and online websites like this.