New Zealand's Highway 61 motorcycle gang

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
T~

New Zealand's Highway 61 motorcycle gang

Unread post by T~ » June 16th, 2004, 3:42 pm

I jus saw somthing about them but did not give much info. Anyone from New Zealand or know about them got any info?

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: New Zealand's Highway 61 motorcycle gang

Unread post by juniorx » June 16th, 2004, 7:01 pm

well homie.. ill be seein my pops 2nite and hes told me about Highway 61 before.. so ill grab some info off him and post it in here asap.. peace

T~

Unread post by T~ » June 17th, 2004, 2:09 pm

aight thaks homie

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 17th, 2004, 10:29 pm

well.. pops said these dudes r a Multi-cultural Motorcycle club and the races in there range from white to polynesian to black.. everything goes in this gang not race specific.. and its probably the biggest multicultural MC gang in New Zealand.. these guyz used to get into it real hard with the Hells Angels which i think everyone knows about.. he said mid to late 70's the hells angels killed a leading member of Highway 61 and this caused a beef that never really washed over.. The gang also gets into it with the Blackpower Gangs in South Auckland.. and not Long after my dad moved here.. he got news Black Power and Highway 61 had a shootout leaving many people left in hospital with shotgun wounds.. he said he dosnt have any solid structural info on the gang.. except there main Headquarters/strongholds and Houses r in Christchurch..

T~

Unread post by T~ » June 18th, 2004, 7:57 am

good lookin on that info..peace

maoriboy

Unread post by maoriboy » December 9th, 2005, 11:02 pm

yeah High Way 61 are a big gang.. and deep in Auckland

they have had run ins with Mongrel Mob and Black Power, but i think theyll say the Hells Angels are their main rivals.. like you said these guys went at it hard for a while until Hells Angels just got sick of it and hit a number of High Way big cheeses. Also a few years back i heard of a massive brawl with Road Knight (a white power gang, who shot to nation wide fame after their war with a local Black Power gang, any body remember seeing them fighting outside the court room on the news?) ..anyway apparently a Road Knight was killed and the returned the favour by molotoving a High Way member as he waited at the lights in BOP somewhere ...they still have an on going battle to this very day