Traditional English Crime Families

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Traditional English Crime Families

Unread post by NW10 » March 28th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Can anyone with any real insight and knowledge please get it down on here.

Anyone who can give any insight on Bristol and Nottingham, that would be good and anyone who knows much of the ruthless Muslim Boys (PSB) in South London?

Everyone in England im sure knows all the biggest gangs like Lock City Crew, Gooch Close, Burger Bar Boys but im sure theres a lot of smaller gangs in all our cities but no-one ever gives insight on them. In particular i mean Asian gangs in northern towns and cities like Bradford, Oldham and Middlesbrough and local crime families like those in Liverpool and East London.

anything knowledgable and insightful. im thinking more the organised gangs seeing as this is the organised criome section
Last edited by NW10 on July 8th, 2005, 1:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: ENGLAND and English People Listen Up!

Unread post by NW10 » March 28th, 2005, 5:42 pm

PSB?? i meant PDC Poverty Driven Children aka Muslim Boys

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BendyThumbs » March 28th, 2005, 6:57 pm

Well up north i would still say the Adams are the biggest local "traditional" crime family, even though they have sold up many places.

I can't really help you on many particulars about street level gangs, or asian and maltese sort of gangs.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 29th, 2005, 2:21 am

Anyone on here from Bristol? Im sure i saw someone on here posting from Bristol. They got the

Aggi Crew
Hype Crew
Mountain View Posse
Back to Back Gang
The Gucci
Last edited by NW10 on July 8th, 2005, 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 29th, 2005, 2:23 am

Does anyone here live in St Anns?
Last edited by NW10 on March 31st, 2005, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » March 29th, 2005, 7:37 am

Yeah bro, I live at St Pauls in Bristol...

Cant tell you too much with regards to local tings cos I only been living here about 2 years now, but most of what I see is Hype and Mountain View breddas.

I keep gettin told about the Aggi's but havent had any experience with em, I think most of them are inside now. They have a big beef with the Gucci's and other yardie crews in the city as the yardies stole their business when they were locked up. Some of the main heads got out a few years back and dashed the B&W and St Nicks and tried to tax the breddas for shottin which obviously werent gonna happen lol.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 29th, 2005, 9:03 am

6 Aggi Crew (St Paul's, homegrown gang) gang members were jailed for drugs charges in 1998, crack cocaine and heroin was recovered. The estimated value of their narcotics operations was £1million. The Aggi Crew were operating around the Black and White Cafe, St Pauls, Bristol. Thats before they started warring with the Gucci a few years back like you said Boris. January 2003 the Aggi Crew were warring over the cocaine trade with the Jamaican 'Gucci Gang' who took Aggi Crew turf this prompted police to begin Bristol's first armed patrols. When the Aggi Crew did raid the Black and White cafe which was their territory as a mark of disrespect robbed every person in the cafe at gunpoint.

Yardie gangs (Hype Crew, Mountain View Posse, Back to Back Gang and Gucci) were all competing for superiority with the more established Aggi Crew. The Black and White cafe over the years suffered much violence and drug dealing and gang warfare. It was bulldozed down on the 24th March 2005.

RIP B&W

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 29th, 2005, 9:16 am

The police patrols in St Pauls/Easton, Bristol have ceased shortly after Aggi Crew members were plotting turf wars with Yardie gangs as the threat of violence simmered. Local residents also were unhappy with the armed patrols. Anyone on here from London/Nottingham/Manchester/Liverpool?

TheWiseOne
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TheWiseOne » March 29th, 2005, 9:25 am

Manchester: Longsight Crew And Other Small Gangs.

Id say longsight crew is big but not that big. Compared to other gangs in manchester yes. But theres also a mafia family there. Not as an Italian Mafia but an actuall family gang. No Crimes. No Turf. YET. Ive not heard anything more than that.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 29th, 2005, 10:19 am

Zoheb Raja wrote:Manchester: Longsight Crew And Other Small Gangs.

Id say longsight crew is big but not that big. Compared to other gangs in manchester yes. But theres also a mafia family there. Not as an Italian Mafia but an actuall family gang. No Crimes. No Turf. YET. Ive not heard anything more than that.
The other day you claimed Longisght were small and running scared, today your saying they are the bigger set of Manchester gangs. Now whos this family gang your on about? You seem to be hearing alot
but not knowing too much about it, where did you hear it from?

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 31st, 2005, 4:15 pm

[quote="BendyThumbs"]Well up north i would still say the Adams are the biggest local "traditional" crime family

I assume you mean North London (Islington) and not the north of England.

TheWiseOne
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TheWiseOne » April 1st, 2005, 12:18 am

my cousin has contact with the gang, (longsight) and the gang members are always talking bout the familys and stuff. Just 3 days ago i heard that there was another two familys in the area. I dont know anymore other than that.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 1st, 2005, 4:47 am

Zoheb Raja wrote:my cousin has contact with the gang, (longsight) and the gang members are always talking bout the familys and stuff. Just 3 days ago i heard that there was another two familys in the area. I dont know anymore other than that.
I think you just got the recent hype on the Noonans seeing as the one of them top ones was murdered
Last edited by NW10 on July 8th, 2005, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheWiseOne
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TheWiseOne » April 2nd, 2005, 10:59 am

thats the thing, i dont know more than that just the person in the longsight crew, they dont even know anything. I dont think there a street gang.

paulie

Unread post by paulie » April 2nd, 2005, 5:42 pm

Is it true that there r only crews in england??

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 3rd, 2005, 8:12 am

Zoheb Raja wrote:thats the thing, i dont know more than that just the person in the longsight crew, they dont even know anything. I dont think there a street gang.
nah son, i know u dont think there a street gang but it would be nice to know the family name. i think you may be thinking or hearing of an already established family that has moved turf rather than just emerged

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 3rd, 2005, 8:29 am

paulie wrote:Is it true that there r only crews in england??
what do you mean by crews? Just saying in LA there are aroud 4000 crips in 45 sets equating to around 88 members per set. In england the biggest crews are around 200 officially. Maybe well say the biggest street gang crews in engand number 50. the number of established gangs in england however is much smaller than LA. In Manhcester England there are four very much established gangs with an estimated number of 1000. Thats 250 per gang. In LA bloods and crips are around 17-18000 in around 160 gangs. thats about 110 per gang. remember though manchester borough has 422,000 people and the city of Los Angeles over 3,500,000. England does not only have crews. There are many esablished crime families in British cities. Sayers in newcastle, noonans in manchester, many in Liverpool and London etc...There are also many organised crime groups including the Chinese Triads, Turkish & Albanian Mafias, Russians. Yardies, like street gangs with there lack of hierarchy, affect 60% of British police forces

TheWiseOne
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TheWiseOne » April 4th, 2005, 1:12 pm

Heres a little info on the E.M.T.U,

Members: Aprox 34 Members

Colours: They All Wear Grey, and also keep a grey bandanna hanging from one of the back pockets.

Turf: Kirkstall and some in Meanwood.

Weapons: Pistols, Knives, Bats, Other Meele Weapons.

Allies: Yardies(Some)

Beef: Local NF Members.

There know to lay low until theres somthing wrong, main enemy is the National Front(A Rasicst Group).

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 4th, 2005, 3:59 pm

NW10 wrote:
paulie wrote:Is it true that there r only crews in england??
what do you mean by crews? Just saying in LA there are aroud 4000 crips in 45 sets equating to around 88 members per set. In england the biggest crews are around 200 officially. Maybe well say the biggest street gang crews in engand number 50. the number of established gangs in england however is much smaller than LA. In Manhcester England there are four very much established gangs with an estimated number of 1000. Thats 250 per gang. In LA bloods and crips are around 17-18000 in around 160 gangs. thats about 110 per gang. remember though manchester borough has 422,000 people and the city of Los Angeles over 3,500,000. England does not only have crews. There are many esablished crime families in British cities. Sayers in newcastle, noonans in manchester, many in Liverpool and London etc...There are also many organised crime groups including the Chinese Triads, Turkish & Albanian Mafias, Russians. Yardies, like street gangs with there lack of hierarchy, affect 60% of British police forces
according to this site there are 500 Mexican gangs, 200 Crip Gangs and 75 Blood Gangs with approx. 150.000 Members in La County (Asians included)

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 5th, 2005, 8:48 am

Sentenza wrote:according to this site there are 500 Mexican gangs, 200 Crip Gangs and 75 Blood Gangs with approx. 150.000 Members in La County
I never mentioned LA County, i said LA. The city of Los Angeles and Los Angeles County is different. LA City has around 3,500,000 whereas county has over 9,000,000 people
Last edited by NW10 on July 8th, 2005, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Discarda

Unread post by Discarda » April 11th, 2005, 3:13 pm

NW10 wrote:anyone who knows much of the ruthless Muslim Boys (PDC) in South London?
NW10 wrote:PSB?? i meant PDC Poverty Driven Children aka Muslim Boys
PDC is the name they call themselves, standing for Poverty Driven Children, Pray Days Change, and/or Peel Dem Crew. Muslim Boys is another name, that was given to the crew by the police/media because of their practises.

They consider themselves Muslim; interpreting Islam in an extremely perverted way, and their their lifestyles of are obviously anti-Islamic. Their perverse ideas of morality and religion extend as far as regular prayer - they intimidate Imams to open the local mosques for them to pray in the early hours of the morning. Before their crimes they pray for Allah to watch over them, then they carry out their crimes, and afterwards pray for forgiveness for their deeds. Pretty bizarre stuff.

The gang began as young black males in SMS (South Man Syndicate) started converting to Islam in prison. Nowadays they draw members from plenty of South London crews, as well as plenty of 'forceful' converts - more on that later. The community of black Muslim converts in South London is ever-increasing, giving the gang an ever-larger pool of people to draw members from.

They favour armed robbery of non-Muslims, and shakedowns of non-Muslim drug dealers and pimps. A lot of the lower-ranking members are like any other street crew in South - carrying out street robberies, drug dealing, burglaries, credit card scams, etc. The number of street robberies of non-Muslims is increasing, though it's unclear whether these are PDC-related or other gangs copying their methods. Gangs of black youths approach their target on the street, ask if they're Muslim, and if the answer is no, then they're robbed at gunpoint (the fate for those who pretend to be Muslim to try to avoid robbery is often more brutal).

They have a habit of forcefully converting people and inducting them into the gang, mainly targeting disillusioned youths on the estates who are already dabbling in a criminal lifestyle. They employ violent intimidation and brutal bullying techniques to convert people. At least one young man who persistently refused to convert was killed as an example to others, shot in the head and left to rot in a park in Brixton.

The leaders and middle-ranking members live a lifestyle which can be compared to tramps and squatters, moving frequently around the empty, dirty flats on various estates in Brixton, Peckham and Lewisham. Their location is usually only known to trusted lower-ranking members (who live less nomadic lives). This is also why they're so difficult to track down. They definitely don't go for the lavish lifestyle that a lot of other gangs do - the bulk of their money is rumoured to go towards funding Islamic terrorism. It's interesting that this gang materialised post-9/11.

Some lower-ranking members of PDC (and affiliates) are involved in London's music scene. This is why PDC is often confused for a rap/garage group. If you go through some record stores in Brikkie you'll see PDC mix CD's and DVD's on the shelves. They've also had about half a dozen videos on Channel U. Some members of the crew and their affiliates are actually pretty good. Obviously these kids (with their faces on TV, on DVDs and in music magazines), aren't the hardcore members of PDC but still aren't to be fucked with.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » April 20th, 2005, 2:16 pm

England now has over 30,000 people involved in street gangs. This is relatively few when compared to Los Angeles County (150,000). However the numbers are sadly growing.

Los Angeles County has 1.6% of its population involved with street gangs whereas Manchester has 0.5%.

This doesnt include organised crime gangs in England though
Last edited by NW10 on July 8th, 2005, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » June 9th, 2005, 4:07 pm

As this is the organised crime section it should really be focusing on organised crime. This suits England well really because were not big on street gangs. We got a lot of oragnised crime and traditional local crime families but streetgangs are seen as emerging rather than established, with the exception of Manchester.

Organised Crime Groups in London:
Chinese Triads and Snakeheads, Wo Shing Wo and 14K
Former Communist Blocc Gangs
Balkans, Turks and Kurds
Nigerian and Ghanaian Fraud gangs

British Traditional Organised Crime
everyone must have heard of the Krays who ruled London back in the day
Other London families include Adams, Reilly's, Arifs and Brindles.

Harrisons, Conroys and Sayers in Newcastle; Porters in Birmingham.

Liverpool is most interesting with traditional familes that battle like streetgangs with turf wars and shootings galore which led to armed police patrols in the mid 1990's after Curtis 'Cocky' Warrens imprisonment.

Their families include Lawlers, Duresses, Fitzgibbons and David Ungi's family, although he was shot dead shortly after Warren went down.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » July 8th, 2005, 1:26 am

"Organised Crime is now Englands third biggest industry. Gangland Shootings, Multi-Million Pound Drug Deals and Turf Wars have spread out of the inner city and now affect even the most rural communities"
Tony Thompson, Crime Corresspondent for the Observer

alan84

Unread post by alan84 » April 18th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Liverpool don't have these stupid black and asian crews with stupid names like burger bar crew, the macdonalds crew (lol i wouldnt be suprised)

Liverpool crime families:

ungis
fitzgibbons
(them 2 are cousins) and where pretty big, forged links with the columbians etc.
clarkes
lawlers
(these 2 were at war a few years ago and a member of each family was killed by the other)
gees (most in jail, due to recent gang war)

2Shae

Unread post by 2Shae » April 19th, 2006, 2:14 pm

ok let me clear this up .... English gangs in Manchester are ....

Salford - mainly white, late 20s early 30s - into robberies
Cheetham Hill (Hillbillies) - black/asian teens/20s/30s
The Gooch - black/mixed race - teens/20s
Young Gooch - teens
Doddington - black/white - teens/20s
Longsight Crew - black/white/asian
Young Longsight Soldiers - black/asian
Nell Lane - not too sure

The Noonans are also active, made up of four brothers - 3 of 4 brothers are dead, Dessie Noonan was killed in March 2005, and the last surviving brother, Dominic Noonan is in prison!

As for gang leaders in Liverpool, I dont know much but I heard Curtis Warren is the biggest cocaine dealer in the UK. very powerful!

alan84

Unread post by alan84 » April 19th, 2006, 2:22 pm

curtis warren was the richest uk criminal ever, worth £225 million, but police reckon its more like £1billion, hs got a book its called cocky.

2Shae

Unread post by 2Shae » April 22nd, 2006, 8:30 am

nah Curtis Warren is supposedly worth £125million ($250million) according to BBC. But who knows apart from Warren himself? He's in prison in Holland anyway, he wont be out until 2007.

alan84

Unread post by alan84 » April 22nd, 2006, 12:22 pm

he just got his sentenced increased, supposedly involved with dutch gang.

GRAPPLER

Unread post by GRAPPLER » September 26th, 2006, 5:36 am

2Shae wrote:ok let me clear this up .... English gangs in Manchester are ....

Salford - mainly white, late 20s early 30s - into robberies
Cheetham Hill (Hillbillies) - black/asian teens/20s/30s
The Gooch - black/mixed race - teens/20s
Young Gooch - teens
Doddington - black/white - teens/20s
Longsight Crew - black/white/asian
Young Longsight Soldiers - black/asian
Nell Lane - not too sure

The Noonans are also active, made up of four brothers - 3 of 4 brothers are dead, Dessie Noonan was killed in March 2005, and the last surviving brother, Dominic Noonan is in prison!

As for gang leaders in Liverpool, I dont know much but I heard Curtis Warren is the biggest cocaine dealer in the UK. very powerful!
firstly can i just point out that the hillbillies does also have white members, although i cant recall of any asian members. the hillbilies dont really exist anymore, it was the old timers that coined this phrase, more recently they've been known as hill kru.
some years ago a gang was formed in cheetham hill known as nhc (niggas honkeys and chinks) which had members from the different parts of cheetham hill and crumpsall, and some other surrounding areas.

Also the noonans hasnt got just one brother left there was 6, damian died in a motorbike accident, dessie was killed, dominic is in jail, derek has a pub and taxi firm in moston, dont really know what duncan is upto these days, darren does a bit in prestwich.

GRAPPLER

Unread post by GRAPPLER » September 26th, 2006, 5:39 am

forgot to add nhc is no more.
the main heads of this set up also became known as young cheetham hill.
I think they just use the name cheetham hill now.

GRAPPLER

Unread post by GRAPPLER » September 28th, 2006, 2:25 am

NW10 wrote:England now has over 30,000 people involved in street gangs. This is relatively few when compared to Los Angeles County (150,000). However the numbers are sadly growing.

Los Angeles County has 1.6% of its population involved with street gangs whereas Manchester has 0.5%.

This doesnt include organised crime gangs in England though
Just out of curiosity NW10, where did you get those statistics from?