2 People dead, 4 wounded in 3 separate shootings in T.O.

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
RealTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

2 People dead, 4 wounded in 3 separate shootings in T.O.

Unread post by RealTO » March 28th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Tue. Mar. 28 2006 6:44 PM ET

Teen, 18, among two dead in three T.O. shootings

CTV.ca News Staff

Three separate shootings on the streets of Toronto Monday night left a teenager, 18, and another man dead.

Four people were also wounded in the brash of gun violence.

The teenager, Romaine Lawrence, and several friends were eating at a pizza shop, in the Weston Road and Eglinton Avenue area, when a car pulled up and shot at the store around 10 p.m.

"My opinion is that this case does have hallmarks of gang-related activity," Toronto police Det. Scott Spratt told reporters on Tuesday. "At this point I don't have a motive."

When emergency crews arrived, they found a second man lying outside the shop bleeding from gunshot wounds.

That man, believed to be in his 20s, is still in hospital in serious condition.

Two other victims, one with a gunshot wound, took a taxi cab to an area hospital for treatment. The non-gunshot victim was injured by glass debris from the gunfire.

An hour later, a 22-year-old man died after being rushed to hospital with gunshot wounds related to a separate incident.

Jermaine Lincoln Brown, of Brampton, was found on the lawn of an apartment building at 235 Grandravine Dr., in the Jane Street and Finch Avenue area.

Police found his car still running when they arrived.

Around 7:30 p.m., a woman was taken to hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg.

She had been shot in the Don Mills Road and Eglinton Avenue area.

Police are looking for two suspects in the shooting, which may have been the result of a domestic dispute.

The murders are the 14th and 15th of 2006 with seven of them gun-related.

Investigators are interested in speaking to the taxi cab driver who picked up the two injured men and dropped them off at the hospital.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/ ... orontoHome

RealTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by RealTO » March 30th, 2006, 7:41 am

March 30, 2006
Dead teen tied to gang
Pals say 'good youth' knew murder victims Hemmings, Beckles

By KIM BRADLEY, TORONTO SUN

Shooting victim Romaine Lawrence was one of the youngest "associates" of a city-wide gang but friends defended him yesterday as a "good youth" and a "kind" kid.

"He was my little homey," said one teen, his eyes welling with tears, who wouldn't give his name.

"He was a good youth mixed up with a bad crowd."

The crowd Lawrence's friend was talking about is the 5 Point Generals street gang -- or 5 PG.

People who knew him said Lawrence, 18, was one of the most junior members associated with the city-wide gang, which has about 30 members.

Lawrence also knew teen homicide victims Jamal Hemmings and Amon Beckles, who were killed last year within days of each other -- Beckles outside a church during Hemmings' funeral.

The murders may be linked, Lawrence's friends believe, but police would confirm only that they are "sharing information" between investigations.

Police also refused to confirm alleged gang ties, only saying that the case has the "hallmarks" of gang activity.

3 OTHERS INJURED

Lawrence was killed and three 21-year-old associates were injured Monday night after someone opened fire on the 2-4-4 Pizza they were in on Weston Rd. at Eglinton Ave. W.

Lawrence died at the scene. Another man was found with gunshot wounds in a back laneway, while two other men -- one injured by a bullet and another by flying glass -- took a cab to hospital.

A small memorial of flowers and peanut punch -- Lawrence's favourite drink -- were left outside the pizza parlour.

One note that had been left read: "Romaine 4 Ever Loves. We miss you and love you ... lost but never forgotten."

Aside from the thugs who walked up and opened fire, detectives are still looking to talk to the cabbie who drove the men to hospital.

The Weston Rd. friends of Lawrence -- whose nickname was "GP" -- said that no matter what their pal's background, he didn't deserve to meet his end in bloodshed.

'IN AND OUT OF JAIL'

"Just because he's been in and out of jail a couple of times does not mean he needed three gunshots in the chest," a friend said. "I cried for that youth last night. To see him go out like that hurts me."

Another man who knew Lawrence from the Weston Rd. and Lawrence Ave. area said Lawrence had been in jail until two weeks ago.

"He was a kind youth," another teen said. "He wasn't mean."

Lawrence is the third of four kids. He and his older brothers -- one of whom is in jail now -- grew up in the neighbourhood.

http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoA ... 8-sun.html

Man killed during gunfight: Police
But uncertain if he was a shooter
Incident has `some gang connection'

Mar. 30, 2006. 05:15 AM
TRACY HUFFMAN
CRIME REPORTER

Homicide detectives investigating a fatal shooting outside a North York apartment building believe the victim was struck during a gun battle, but they are unsure if he was a shooter.

Jermaine Lincoln Brown, 22, was not armed when emergency crews arrived Monday night on Grandravine Dr. to find him suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.

While police continue to comb through evidence and interview witnesses, Det. Sgt. Randy Carter, the lead homicide officer on the case, said the shooting has "some gang connection to it."

"I haven't been able to determine ... fully yet whether or not he was himself shooting or whether or not he was just there," Carter said.

Gunshots erupted in the west parking lot and moved to the front of the building where Brown, who was studying culinary arts at Humber College, was found on the ground.

"I've received tremendous help from the community and I need that to continue," Carter said. In particular, police need help finding a silver or green SUV similar to a GMC Yukon or Envoy that fled the scene, near Jane St. and Sheppard Ave. W. One suspect with a firearm got in the front passenger seat after the shooting, he said.

"I'm still trying to piece together how many people were there, who was at what location when the shots were being fired back and forth."

One firearm was recovered at the scene and is undergoing ballistics testing.

Brown, from Brampton, had been staying at the apartment building since December. He had contact with police in the past, most recently in 2005, when he was charged with sexual assault. The case was still before the courts when he became the city's 15th homicide victim.

On Tuesday, Brown's parents, Linda and Frank Brown, said in an interview they were upset that their requests to view their son's body prior to an autopsy were refused. They said someone who falsely said she was Brown's sister, and an ex-girlfriend, identified the body.

Toronto police spokesman Mark Pugash said protocol dictates that once a body has been identified, it cannot be viewed again until an autopsy is done to prevent evidence tampering.

Carter said he apologizes to the family for upsetting them.

"I had enough information to believe that they were related to the deceased and that they could identify the person."

Source:

POBoyKarrSt
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: Toronto

Re: 2 People dead, 4 wounded in 3 separate shootings in T.O.

Unread post by POBoyKarrSt » March 10th, 2017, 12:15 am

R.I.P. GP.

Little mod yoot from 'the other side', but he put in work, which is why he went out the way he did.