Detroit Mafia

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Detroit Mafia

Unread post by paingod » July 5th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Um? No offense to anyone :shock: ! But she is gorgeous!

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » July 5th, 2008, 6:21 pm

paingod wrote:Um? No offense to anyone :shock: ! But she is gorgeous!
The guy who posted said the photo doesn't do her justice. That she's even more beautiful in real life.

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » July 5th, 2008, 6:26 pm

So this guy is close to the Detroit Mafia then? Find out if she's currently single, I'd marry into that "family".

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » July 5th, 2008, 7:52 pm

paingod wrote:So this guy is close to the Detroit Mafia then? Find out if she's currently single, I'd marry into that "family".
OK it turns out that Chantel is still single. She's only 25. She has a younger sister named Cashe, 20 years old, who is also said to be very attractive. I'm not sure what guy you're asking is close to the Detroit Mob. Chantel was dating a guy a while back but he wasn't connected.

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » July 5th, 2008, 8:11 pm

I was just saying maybe the photo was taken by her significant other. It's a personel picture, not like a surveillance picture so I assumed the one who posted it was involved with the "family". I love her! Chantel, Will You Marry Me!

sazeetz
What city do you live in now?: Miami Beach

Unread post by sazeetz » July 5th, 2008, 9:48 pm

I did not come across belligerent as you stated in my first post. Maybe I insulted you in my second post, but oh well. That is why guys like me just occasionally read the forums and don't post. As soon as I know something that the moderator or an everyday poster cannot verify, you end up getting treated like a red haired step child.

What I said in my first post is that most of the people posted as associates are jackoffs. And they are if you actually know any of them. Joe Messina for instance is a factory hourly worker at Ford Motor. In addition, a lot of the guys listed as "associates", have not button, no balls, and no honor.

Let’s go on… How about Wayne Kassab “Chico”. Apparently did not rat on his fellow bookmakers, but cut deals on his past drug charges. John Manettas and son – definitely no tough guy and sure in hell no wiseguy. Tom Mackey – drunk, probably good that he’s getting help in the pen. And Buster Lucido, are you serious? He’s a born again Christian that operates his own ministry.

I can keep going, but I’ll stop. I will let all the regular posters continue with their hearsay and innuendos.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » July 6th, 2008, 12:26 am

sazeetz wrote:I did not come across belligerent as you stated in my first post. Maybe I insulted you in my second post, but oh well. That is why guys like me just occasionally read the forums and don't post. As soon as I know something that the moderator or an everyday poster cannot verify, you end up getting treated like a red haired step child.

What I said in my first post is that most of the people posted as associates are jackoffs. And they are if you actually know any of them. Joe Messina for instance is a factory hourly worker at Ford Motor. In addition, a lot of the guys listed as "associates", have not button, no balls, and no honor.

Let’s go on… How about Wayne Kassab “Chico”. Apparently did not rat on his fellow bookmakers, but cut deals on his past drug charges. John Manettas and son – definitely no tough guy and sure in hell no wiseguy. Tom Mackey – drunk, probably good that he’s getting help in the pen. And Buster Lucido, are you serious? He’s a born again Christian that operates his own ministry.

I can keep going, but I’ll stop. I will let all the regular posters continue with their hearsay and innuendos.

It's not what you know, or claim to know, but how you come across. You may indeed know a lot of things but you have to sort of establish yourself first, so to speak, before simply making declarations based solely on your say so alone. I mean, anyone can claim anything on the internet. Hell, I could claim that I'm Jack Tocco himself and that the moon is made of green cheese. But just because I say so, doesn't make it true, and people aren't automatically obligated to believe me simply because I claim to have inside knowledge.

Once again, if you want to offer up inside information that you are privy to, feel free to do so. The chart of the Detroit Family, whether on this forum or others, isn't set in stone. And there are going to be varing opinions about many guys on the charts, both members and associates.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » July 6th, 2008, 12:36 am

By the way, I sent you a PM.

Italian82
What city do you live in now?: detroit

Unread post by Italian82 » July 10th, 2008, 9:12 pm

The detroit's mob is mostly on the upper eastside (burbs), most of the acting members do not hang out in the city of detroit they have a few small places
they report to pretty much evey day, Along with running there day to day business's. As for the "mob" side of business all of the members are not doing any kind of unlegitimate business. Mostly the guy's get togather and hang out, it has really changed in the last few years and i don't think it will ever be the same.
I'm a part of the younger group, i grew up with alot of these guy's son's & grandsons.

We are in the the works of opening an ITALIAN SOCIAL CLUB on the upper eastside, the place will be mostly a bar and club food kinda deal.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » July 11th, 2008, 10:19 am

Isnt the Detroit mob one of the most powerful family in America. And what does the counselor emeritus do?

Italian82

Unread post by Italian82 » July 11th, 2008, 10:56 am

I would not say they are the most powerful, in the country but there is allot of money in the family

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » July 11th, 2008, 12:51 pm

Italian82 wrote:I would not say they are the most powerful, in the country but there is allot of money in the family

Like they are more powerful than any other family besides New York and Chicago.

Italian82

Unread post by Italian82 » July 11th, 2008, 6:24 pm

Like they are more powerful than any other family besides New York and Chicago
that is true ...

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » July 14th, 2008, 2:26 am

Italian82 wrote:The detroit's mob is mostly on the upper eastside (burbs), most of the acting members do not hang out in the city of detroit they have a few small places
they report to pretty much evey day, Along with running there day to day business's. As for the "mob" side of business all of the members are not doing any kind of unlegitimate business. Mostly the guy's get togather and hang out, it has really changed in the last few years and i don't think it will ever be the same.
I'm a part of the younger group, i grew up with alot of these guy's son's & grandsons.

We are in the the works of opening an ITALIAN SOCIAL CLUB on the upper eastside, the place will be mostly a bar and club food kinda deal.
The Detroit family has been known for a long time for delegating much of the running of the illegal activities (bookmaking, loansharking, high-stakes card games, etc.) to associates. That's one reason the family has been very hard to penetrate by law enforcement. The upper echelons are very removed from the day to day activities.
Richboy17 wrote:Like they are more powerful than any other family besides New York and Chicago.
I'd say they are rivaled by the New England and Philadelphia families. Also the DeCavalcantes at one time.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » July 14th, 2008, 3:36 am

Here is a recent updated chart of the family -

DETROIT LCN FAMILY

Boss: Giacomo "Black Jack" Tocco
Underboss: Anthony "Tony Z" Zerilli
Acting Underboss: Vito "Billy Jack" Giacalone
Consigliere: Anthony "Tony T/Tic Toc Tony" Tocco

Counselor Emeritus:

Antonino "Tony the Exterminator" Ruggirello, Jr.
Joe Barbara, Jr.
Dominic Bommarito

Street Boss (oversees all captains): Jack "Jackie the Kid" Giacalone

Captains:

1. Anthony "Chicago Tony" La Piana
2. Anthony "Tony Pal/The Butterly" Palazzola
3. Anthony "Fat Tony" Giacalone, Jr.
4. Frank "Frankie the Bomb" Bommarito
5. Peter "Specs" Tocco - imprisoned
6. Vito Tocco (acting captain)

Non-captain running a crew: Isodoro "Teddy San Diego" Matranga (California)

Soldiers:

Jack "Little Jackie" Tocco, Jr.
Anthony "Little Tony" Tocco, Jr.
Paul Tocco - may be inactive
Joe Tocco
Salvatore "Mops" Tocco
Carlo Bommarito
Jack "Jackie Two Guns/The Builder" Russo
Joe Messina
Pete Messina
John Schirotta
Paul "Big Paulie" Corrado
Paul "Cousin Paulie" Corrado
Peter "Fat Pete" Corrado
Peter "The Baby Bull" Corrado
Dominic "Chicago Dom" Corrado
Vincenzo "Vinnie Meat Balls" Bronzino
Phillip Zerilli
David "Ace" Aceto
Eugene "Genie Boy" Baratta
Joseph Ruggirello
Antonio "Toto" Ruggirello
Salvatore "Little Sammy Pal" Palazzola
Dominic "Big Dom" Vivio
James "Jimmy the Golfer" Nerra
Don Fragale
Joey Tringale
Sam Ventigmillia
Jack "Jackie the Nose" Giacalone
Joseph "Joey Jack" Giacalone
Anthony "Little Tony Long" Cimini
Patrick "Pat the Pimp" Gatt

Inactive:

William "Billy Lee" Loiancano
Joseph "Little Joey Jack" Giacalone
Joseph "Joe Gravel" Gargalino
Robert "Bobby the Animal/Bobby the Tiger" La Puma
Jack Lucido, Jr.
Sam Lucido
Danny Triglia

Unknown Status:

Joseph "Big Joe V" Viccari
Girolamo "Jerry the Manager" Vitale
Tommy Vitale
Vincent "Vinnie Jack" Giacalone
Anthony "Little Tony Pal" Palazolla

Top Associates:

Frederick "Freddy the Saint" Salem
H. Allen "The General" Hilf
Irving "Red" Schwartz
David Feldman, Jr.
Bernard "Bernie the Jew" Schrott
Edward "Baldy" Sarkesian
Mel Boxman
Alan "Shorty" Russell
Norm Bagdasarian
Thomas Lenhart
Michael "Superfly" Krystoff
Charles "Chuckie G" Goldfarb
Leonard "Sports Club Lenny" Schultz
Mike Katranis
Frank Stevens
John "J.J." Jarjosa
Emmett "Eddie the Arab" Denha
Edward "Skinny Eddie" Samouna
Ronald Yousef
Charles "Stosh" Maloney
Allen "Fat Al" Sandelman
Lenny Silbert
Alan "Al the Toupe" Sherman

cugine0883

Unread post by cugine0883 » September 15th, 2008, 2:15 pm

Saseetz has a lot of info on this shit, its amazing. I hope one day the family is bigger and better than any of the others, I would like to see it grow. Its too bad its not as big 'cause I would be a member for sure.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » September 15th, 2008, 4:49 pm

cugine0883 wrote:Saseetz has a lot of info on this shit, its amazing. I hope one day the family is bigger and better than any of the others, I would like to see it grow. Its too bad its not as big 'cause I would be a member for sure.
The New York Families have always been and will always be the largest and most powerful LCN groups in the nation. There you are looking at five large Families compared to a single smaller one in other cities. About 750 of the remaining 1,100 (70%) LCN members in the country belong to the five Families. Long after the LCN has faded away in other cities, it will still have a presence in New York. Detroit is what you would call a "2nd tier" Family, being in the same general category as New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Chicago.

sort241
What city do you live in now?: Midland

Unread post by sort241 » November 22nd, 2008, 11:56 pm

How common is the name "Tocco" in the Detroit area? I live about two and a half hours north, in Polish/German country-- and around here, even now, when I tell people my last name is Tocco, they look at me and ask "How do you spell that?" And I swear, for such a simple spelling, you would think common sense would prevail when it comes to pronounciation....For 30 of my 35 years I've heard so many different variations, some rather insulting, that it's not even funny....

When I was in grade school and high school, I'd get teased about my "funny last name". I'd tell folks that "Tocco" is an Italian name, a name that even has association with Mafioso, but it was like the biggest joke ever told. Of course, the only reason I found that out was from a "Mafia Encyclopedia" I found in the school library. If I remember right, it only mentioned one guy, William "Black Bill" Tocco. Not really much to be impressed with, but what did I care. A couple of years later, somebody brought me a news article they had found in the Detroit News that mentioned a few of the Tocco name, in association with alleged Mafia-related activity, indictments and sentencing. That might have been back in 1996. But it was enough for me to have more than a few "I told you so" moments.

I asked my Dad about it, if he knew about or had direct relatives that might be "family", but he said no, and if there were, those people were distant relatives. Very distant.

That's all I have. I'm just curious to see what other information is out there...

justafriend
What city do you live in now?: Clinton Twp

Unread post by justafriend » January 13th, 2009, 7:33 am

As for Chico not being a rat, he testified against Jackie Giac for the feds in an attempt to drag Jackie into a party that wasn't his - even the judge told Chico he knew he was lying - and Jackie was found Not Guilty in this case. And for someone to be so disrespectful of some of the members of Peter's Crew, obviously doesn't know who's who, what their standing is, their family connection, or their history, just because they may have other jobs, pursuits or interests. For the record, Tom Mackey pleaded guilty, and went away in the mid 90's, in the case when the feds tried to get Peter the first time around.

Detroiter
What city do you live in now?: Detroit

Unread post by Detroiter » February 14th, 2009, 9:10 pm

I met many of the mentioned names on this board through various business gatherings and family parties. The Motorcity Mafia book is a history book, many of top ranking gentlemen are very old and/or in failing health. If fact, one on the top of the list was granted early parole due to his failing health. Sure they still shot call, but with each generation that "Family" gets smaller. It's not like Goodfellas or the Sapranoes. Even in the cities that surround Palermo such as Terrasini, where many of the people on this list hail from, is no longer a mafia hot bed. The younger generations are going to college and not living the same life styles their dad's or grandfathers did when building the family wealth.

It makes me laugh when people ask where the "Mafia" hangouts are, even if you were told where these old men hang out at, you would never be welcome there anyway, because you are an outsider. This life Hollywood portrayed in the movies is not a glamorous one by far, these men took great risk in their endeavors and often did lengthy stays in federal prison, away from their families. Books and movies fuel the fantasies of men who never had the courage to take an incredible risk.

Detroiter

Unread post by Detroiter » February 14th, 2009, 9:19 pm

Oh yeah, the poster "Italian82" is full of shit. He is the kind of person that sits in front of the tv too much. I'm from the eastside and nobody calls east Detroit or the eastside the upper east side. He's a bullshiter.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nunaya

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 14th, 2009, 10:12 pm

It makes me laugh when people ask where the "Mafia" hangouts are, even if you were told where these old men hang out at, you would never be welcome there anyway, because you are an outsider. This life Hollywood portrayed in the movies is not a glamorous one by far, these men took great risk in their endeavors and often did lengthy stays in federal prison, away from their families. Books and movies fuel the fantasies of men who never had the courage to take an incredible risk.
Well said. Couldnt agree more.

Cranberry25
If in the United States: Massachusetts
What city do you live in now?: 313

Unread post by Cranberry25 » March 27th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Two years since the last post, any updates. wanted to thank anyone providing information, specifically thewestside.

Cranberry25
If in the United States: Massachusetts
What city do you live in now?: 313

Unread post by Cranberry25 » March 27th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Also saw somewhere that the andiamo restaurant chain is mobbed funded.. any clout to that?

thomasbanks
If in the United States: Michigan

Unread post by thomasbanks » September 18th, 2015, 7:34 pm

Hello,
Has anyone heard of Anthony "Tony D" Donofrio? Back in the day I was told he was tough guy with ties
to the Detroit outfit.

thomasbanks

Unread post by thomasbanks » September 18th, 2015, 7:45 pm

Cranberry25 wrote:Also saw somewhere that the andiamo restaurant chain is mobbed funded.. any clout to that?
I heard that Joe Viccari is married to Tony Tocco's (Jack Tocco brother) daughter.

sammychirco

Unread post by sammychirco » December 7th, 2016, 10:18 am

I've been a friend of Tony Donofrio for many years, I was with him when that Chaldean ass-o shot him.
(btw: he is no longer around) I know he was part of the D-mafia..haven't talked to him in a couple of years but heard on the street he is still active.

Dolosus
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by Dolosus » March 19th, 2017, 7:08 am

Really old thread, I know, but I just found this site. Question for the group... How is it that the Locricchio family members keep their names out of discussions of the Detroit mob? I remember working the valet lot as a teen at Pine Knob in the mid to late '70s, and frequently parking the cars of the more known guys who came to visit.; Charles "Chucky" Obrien; Tony Giacalone, etc... There were 2 lower level guys that ran the lot at the time that were likely soldiers. "Big Joe" Locricchio also had a Las Vegas connection through Indusco Corp. "Little Joe" was just a scrawny wannabe, while Matt, who lived on-site, was a low IQ oaf who still managed to bring in and entertain a regular stream of fairly hot ladies.

Sykoe
What city do you live in now?: East Detroit

Unread post by Sykoe » February 3rd, 2018, 2:33 am

Detroiter wrote:Oh yeah, the poster "Italian82" is full of shit. He is the kind of person that sits in front of the tv too much. I'm from the eastside and nobody calls east Detroit or the eastside the upper east side. He's a bullshiter.

I wouldn't say he is completely wrong. Perhaps his mention of "upper" has to do with the Upper Class of the East Side of Detroit like Grosse Pointe. Eastpointe could be considered Upper Eastside as well as it was once called East Detroit and would be at the highest point.

jnaples3
If in the United States: Ohio
What city do you live in now?: Poland

Unread post by jnaples3 » July 20th, 2021, 5:39 pm

sort241 wrote:
November 22nd, 2008, 11:56 pm
How common is the name "Tocco" in the Detroit area? I live about two and a half hours north, in Polish/German country-- and around here, even now, when I tell people my last name is Tocco, they look at me and ask "How do you spell that?" And I swear, for such a simple spelling, you would think common sense would prevail when it comes to pronounciation....For 30 of my 35 years I've heard so many different variations, some rather insulting, that it's not even funny....

When I was in grade school and high school, I'd get teased about my "funny last name". I'd tell folks that "Tocco" is an Italian name, a name that even has association with Mafioso, but it was like the biggest joke ever told. Of course, the only reason I found that out was from a "Mafia Encyclopedia" I found in the school library. If I remember right, it only mentioned one guy, William "Black Bill" Tocco. Not really much to be impressed with, but what did I care. A couple of years later, somebody brought me a news article they had found in the Detroit News that mentioned a few of the Tocco name, in association with alleged Mafia-related activity, indictments and sentencing. That might have been back in 1996. But it was enough for me to have more than a few "I told you so" moments.

I asked my Dad about it, if he knew about or had direct relatives that might be "family", but he said no, and if there were, those people were distant relatives. Very distant.

That's all I have. I'm just curious to see what other information is out there...
I am related to Tocco's from Youngstown, Ohio. I have a photo of my uncle Dominic "Dixie" Tocco and his son Dominic Tocco Jr.
I don't know if there is any relation.

jnaples3
If in the United States: Ohio
What city do you live in now?: Poland

Unread post by jnaples3 » July 20th, 2021, 5:42 pm

I am looking for connections between Detroit and Youngstown especially from the 50s, 60s, and 70's. I am looking for connections to the Naples Brothers Sandy, James, Billy, and Joey. I am also looking to see if Dominic "Dixie" Tocco has any relation to the Tocco's from Detroit.

Any help would be appreciated. I have found FBI records that indicate a connection between the Naples and Chicago-Detroit Syndicate around the 1960s.