Montreal Underworld

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
icegoodbarbPresident
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Montreal Underworld

Unread post by icegoodbarbPresident » April 26th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Montreal mafia Members
Boss
"Vito rizzuto"
Underboss
"Jos Di Maulo"
Consigliere
"Nicolo Rizzuto"
Captains/ lieutenants
"Francesco Arcadi"
"Nicodemo Cotroni"
"Frank Martorana"
"Vincenzo Di Maulo"
"Giuseppe Morello"
"Valentino Morielli"
"Emanuele Ragusa"
Soldiers
"Vincenzo De Santis"
"Francesco Cotroni Jr."
"Antonio Marabella"
"Sabatino Niccolucci"
"Leonardo Paccione"
"Antonio Teoli"
"Domenico Tozzi"
"Anthony Volpato"
"Raynald Desjardins"
"Raymond Fernandez"
"William "Willie Obie" Obront"
"Réal Simard"
IF U KNOW THE NAMES OF ANYMORE MONTREAL MOBSTERS JUST POST IT

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 26th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Do informants still count as soldiers? Hahaha...

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 26th, 2008, 2:13 pm

Do informants still count as soldiers? Hahaha...

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 26th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Some more high-ranking members include -

Francesco Del Balso
Lorenzo Giordano
Paolo Renda
Rocco Sollecito

Other members and associates -

Constantine Alevizos
Ennio Bruni
Antony Capitanio
Antonio Caputo
Martino Caputo
Joseph Di Maulo
Andrea Di Paolo
Frank Faustini
Juan Ramon Fernandez
Moreno Gallo
Felice Italiano
Ray Kahno
Tony Mucci
Sabatino Nicolucci
Gaetano Panepinto
Anthony Papalia
Roberto Papalia
Sébastien Pierre-Louis
Giovanni Petrella
Joseph Renda
Pietro Scarcella
Girolamo Sciortino
Stefano Sollecito
Giuseppe Torre
Michele Torre
Pietro Triassi
Mariano Turrisi
Dario Zanetti
Benjamin Zappia

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 26th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Some of those arrested in Operation Colisee in November 2006 -

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Mr.Bungle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mr.Bungle » May 25th, 2008, 12:21 am

thewestside wrote:Some of those arrested in Operation Colisee in November 2006 -

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Any more OC charts westside? I'd hate to see all the associates for Montreal. Hells Angels,Big Circle Boys,lawyers etc.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 25th, 2008, 2:13 pm

Mr.Bungle wrote: Any more OC charts westside? I'd hate to see all the associates for Montreal. Hells Angels,Big Circle Boys,lawyers etc.
What exactly are you looking for? I've posted a number of charts in other threads, mostly taken from the other forum.

Mr.Bungle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mr.Bungle » May 25th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Mostly Chicago and the smaller families. I know a lot of people don't like charts, but I do. I like it broken down all the way from the boss to known associates. Loved the picture tree of a mafia family since the first day I saw it,GF II.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 27th, 2008, 12:32 am

Mr.Bungle wrote:Mostly Chicago and the smaller families. I know a lot of people don't like charts, but I do. I like it broken down all the way from the boss to known associates. Loved the picture tree of a mafia family since the first day I saw it,GF II.
In the thread below, I posted listings of all the LCN families in the U.S., although they are not in an organized chart form like you saw in The Godfather II.

viewtopic.php?t=40078

However, if you go to the link below and click on the gallery section on the left, and then click on "maps, charts, and posters," you can see the charts of various families from the past which inspired that chart in The Godfather movie.

http://www.gangrule.com/

known-felon

Unread post by known-felon » May 28th, 2008, 7:50 am

thewestside wrote:
Mr.Bungle wrote: Any more OC charts westside? I'd hate to see all the associates for Montreal. Hells Angels,Big Circle Boys,lawyers etc.
What exactly are you looking for? I've posted a number of charts in other threads, mostly taken from the other forum.
I have been a lurker here for a week or more and never posted. I am interested in the charts, i see you mention another forum is this another section of this site or another site all together?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 29th, 2008, 3:04 am

known-felon wrote:
I have been a lurker here for a week or more and never posted. I am interested in the charts, i see you mention another forum is this another section of this site or another site all together?
I sent you a PM.

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Montreal Underworld

Unread post by paingod » June 14th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Is there anyone running the Montreal underworld or Mafia now? Who was left after the busts of the Rizzutos? In the Italian camp where does the power now lie,calabrian or sicilian?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 14th, 2008, 9:59 pm

paingod wrote:Is there anyone running the Montreal underworld or Mafia now? Who was left after the busts of the Rizzutos? In the Italian camp where does the power now lie,calabrian or sicilian?
The Rizzuto family (Cattolica Eraclea clan) of the Sicilian Mafia is far from being out of business in Montreal. The Commisso family (Sidona clan) of the 'Ndrangheta continues to be active in Toronto. As far as Canada goes, overall the Sicilians remain the most powerful.

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » June 14th, 2008, 10:02 pm

thewestside wrote:
paingod wrote:Is there anyone running the Montreal underworld or Mafia now? Who was left after the busts of the Rizzutos? In the Italian camp where does the power now lie,calabrian or sicilian?
The Rizzuto family (Cattolica Eraclea clan) of the Sicilian Mafia is far from being out of business in Montreal. The Commisso family (Sidona clan) of the 'Ndrangheta continues to be active in Toronto. As far as Canada goes, overall the Sicilians remain the most powerful.
Did they lose ground to the asians,bikers,or that irish group that ran the docks? What are the dominate groups in the underworld there?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 14th, 2008, 10:10 pm

paingod wrote:Did they lose ground to the asians,bikers,or that irish group that ran the docks? What are the dominate groups in the underworld there?
It remains to be seen how much of a longterm effect the Colisee bust had on the Rizzuto organization and their place in the Montreal underworld. But I would still consider them the top organized crime group in the city, with the Hells Angels close behind. The Irish West End Gang is still active there of course. The Russians, Colombians, and Asians (Chinese, Vietnamese) also have a presence in the city.

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » June 14th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Who took over the Rizzuto family? And is that chart right with Nick as boss and Vito under him? I always thought Vito took command and his pops just sat back and collected some money and handed out advise sort of a consigliere. Do you got anything on the Irish Westend Gang? I've always heard mention of them but never heard anything about them. Who's runnin the Angels now? They still work together up there? Italians,westend,angels?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 14th, 2008, 11:08 pm

paingod wrote:Who took over the Rizzuto family? And is that chart right with Nick as boss and Vito under him? I always thought Vito took command and his pops just sat back and collected some money and handed out advise sort of a consigliere. Do you got anything on the Irish Westend Gang? I've always heard mention of them but never heard anything about them. Who's runnin the Angels now? They still work together up there? Italians,westend,angels?
Both Nick and Vito could be considered the Boss but Vito was more hands on with the day to day operations so you could consider him the Boss while Nick was more of a Consigliere. A number of top Rizzuto guys go on trial in like a month or so. It hasn't been established who is running things in the organization right now. The Italians, Hells Angels, Irish, Colombians, and Russians still form "the Consortium," which establishes drug prices and territories in the city. As reporter Antonio Nicaso explained it -

"Once the Sicilian mob in Canada had consolidated their power, they set up a mechanism called "the Consortium." It was like an governing body for the underworld. It formalized alliances among the various criminal organizations and settled their disputes according to Nicaso. "The Consortium is made up of the Mafia bosses in Canada, as well as the president of the Hells Angels, Russian mob leaders, the head of the West End mob, which is an Irish gang, and the Colombian cartels," Nicaso explained. "They work out who has what territories for drug distribution, and they fix the price of the drugs. Sometimes they arbitrate disputes between rival gangs."

Although not everything on the site is correct, some good info can be found about Montreal's crime groups at the link below -

http://www.geocities.com/wiseguywally/index.html

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » June 22nd, 2008, 2:02 am

Does anyone have anything on the Westend Gang?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 22nd, 2008, 4:38 am

paingod wrote:Does anyone have anything on the Westend Gang?
Not much other than what is in the link above. In a nutshell, it is a loosely organized group of Irish criminals involved in drug trafficking and other crimes. They are part of the "Consortium" in Montreal, along with the Italian Mafia, Hells Angels, Russians, and Colombians, that fix prices and divide drug territories.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » June 22nd, 2008, 1:45 pm

Where is the columbian activity though? Other than them being there for drugs,is there any significant presence of them? considering there isnt much of a community there.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 23rd, 2008, 6:31 pm

TeeKay wrote:Where is the columbian activity though? Other than them being there for drugs,is there any significant presence of them? considering there isnt much of a community there.
Like basically everywhere else, the Colombians are involved in only drug trafficking and money laundering in Canada.

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » June 28th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Who's the most powerful of this consortium? I imagine the Italians took a hit when Vito went down. How strong are the Irish, Russian and Columbians? Do they really have any power or is it still the Mafia andHell's Angels in charge?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 29th, 2008, 6:28 pm

paingod wrote:Who's the most powerful of this consortium? I imagine the Italians took a hit when Vito went down. How strong are the Irish, Russian and Columbians? Do they really have any power or is it still the Mafia andHell's Angels in charge?
The Rizzuto organization is considered by Canadian law enforcement to be the most well entrenched and powerful crime group in Montreal. The arrests from Operation Colisee were a big blow but not enough to destroy the organization. After the Italians, the Hells Angels would be second strongest. The Irish would probably be third. After that would come the Russians, Colombians, Asians, etc.

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » July 3rd, 2008, 11:15 pm

Do you have any name of the Irish gang?

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » July 4th, 2008, 12:12 am

The "west end Gang" of Montreal are the irish group.

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » July 4th, 2008, 7:58 pm

Sorry, I meant do you know who the boss and known soldiers of The West End Gang are.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » July 5th, 2008, 1:05 pm

paingod wrote:Sorry, I meant do you know who the boss and known soldiers of The West End Gang are.
http://www.geocities.com/wiseguywally/WestEndGang.html

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » July 5th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Wow! Thank you! Are any in jail now or are the ones still alive still active?