Stidda and Sacra Corona Unita in Nort America?

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
bladerkek
If in the United States: Indiana
What city do you live in now?: Hallle

Stidda and Sacra Corona Unita in Nort America?

Unread post by bladerkek » March 13th, 2012, 3:41 am

Hi,
I always read about the camorra, cosa nostra and ndrangheta are/were active in canada and the US or at least cooperating with the italo-american mafia.But what about the stidda and SCU,are there known connections between Italy and the USA?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Stidda and Sacra Corona Unita in Nort America?

Unread post by thewestside » March 14th, 2012, 10:05 am

bladerkek wrote:Hi,
I always read about the camorra, cosa nostra and ndrangheta are/were active in canada and the US or at least cooperating with the italo-american mafia.But what about the stidda and SCU,are there known connections between Italy and the USA?
The Sicilian Mafia has always been the Italian OC group with the most activity in the U.S., though it's not as much as it once was. The 'Ndrangheta and the Camorra much less so. The SCU very little. And I don't recall any Stidda presence in the U.S.

bladerkek

Unread post by bladerkek » March 15th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Is there a particular reason that there is no SCU and Stidda in North America?Is it beacause they only exist since the 50s/90s or because their Niche is already taken?also,i read,that there is some presence of ndrangheta clans in canada.why not in the usa?sorry for so many questions,but this seems to be the only forum to be active.^^

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » March 17th, 2012, 12:33 pm

bladerkek wrote:Is there a particular reason that there is no SCU and Stidda in North America?Is it beacause they only exist since the 50s/90s or because their Niche is already taken?also,i read,that there is some presence of ndrangheta clans in canada.why not in the usa?sorry for so many questions,but this seems to be the only forum to be active.^^
Yeah, according to the FBI, the SCU only came about in the 1980's and is not as established as the three larger Italian syndicates. The Stidda were offshoots of the Sicilian Mafia, specifically those who rebelled against Riina and the Corleonesi. Today, the 'Ndrangheta has the most international reach of the Italian groups. Both the Calabrians and Sicilians have a presence in Canada. They also have a presence in the U.S., the Sicilians used to have much more than they do now, but not nearly as much as in Canada. And that's due to American law enforcement and it's RICO laws being tougher than in Canada.

Incidentally, you may want to check out the forum below. It's more organized crime-oriented.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php

There's also this forum, though you have to be recommended and they're not taking new members right now.

http://www.realdeal-forum.com/

bladerkek

Unread post by bladerkek » March 19th, 2012, 3:10 pm

thewestside wrote: Yeah, according to the FBI, the SCU only came about in the 1980's and is not as established as the three larger Italian syndicates. The Stidda were offshoots of the Sicilian Mafia, specifically those who rebelled against Riina and the Corleonesi. Today, the 'Ndrangheta has the most international reach of the Italian groups. Both the Calabrians and Sicilians have a presence in Canada. They also have a presence in the U.S., the Sicilians used to have much more than they do now, but not nearly as much as in Canada. And that's due to American law enforcement and it's RICO laws being tougher than in Canada.
thewestside wrote: Incidentally, you may want to check out the forum below. It's more organized crime-oriented.

There's also this forum, though you have to be recommended and they're not taking new members right now.

yeah. i saw those,but gangsterbb seems to be more about mafia in polular culture than about real OC.When they talk about mafia its about cosa nostra in the US and sometimes about the irish mob.I was more interested in oc in gerneral,but its hard to get into the therealdeal forum.Its odd,that there are only few fourms and news blogs about OC.I guess i have to try gangsterbb now.this place doesnt seem to have a lot active members.:/

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » March 19th, 2012, 4:29 pm

bladerkek wrote:
thewestside wrote: Yeah, according to the FBI, the SCU only came about in the 1980's and is not as established as the three larger Italian syndicates. The Stidda were offshoots of the Sicilian Mafia, specifically those who rebelled against Riina and the Corleonesi. Today, the 'Ndrangheta has the most international reach of the Italian groups. Both the Calabrians and Sicilians have a presence in Canada. They also have a presence in the U.S., the Sicilians used to have much more than they do now, but not nearly as much as in Canada. And that's due to American law enforcement and it's RICO laws being tougher than in Canada.
thewestside wrote: Incidentally, you may want to check out the forum below. It's more organized crime-oriented.

yeah. i saw those,but gangsterbb seems to be more about mafia in polular culture than about real OC.When they talk about mafia its about cosa nostra in the US and sometimes about the irish mob.I was more interested in oc in gerneral,but its hard to get into the therealdeal forum.Its odd,that there are only few fourms and news blogs about OC.I guess i have to try gangsterbb now.this place doesnt seem to have a lot active members.:/
The Gangstersbb forum does have a real OC section, but you're right, most of it is more about mob books and movies. Which is why the Real Deal forum is still the best when it comes to real OC stuff. I'll send you a PM.

bladerkek

Unread post by bladerkek » March 22nd, 2012, 12:37 am

thewestside wrote: The Gangstersbb forum does have a real OC section, but you're right, most of it is more about mob books and movies. Which is why the Real Deal forum is still the best when it comes to real OC stuff. I'll send you a PM.
There seems to be a problem with the pm-system :/.I cant read pms.Maybe you could sent me an e.mail to blavon@gmx.de?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » March 22nd, 2012, 10:14 pm

bladerkek wrote:
thewestside wrote: The Gangstersbb forum does have a real OC section, but you're right, most of it is more about mob books and movies. Which is why the Real Deal forum is still the best when it comes to real OC stuff. I'll send you a PM.
There seems to be a problem with the pm-system :/.I cant read pms.Maybe you could sent me an e.mail to blavon@gmx.de?
You're right. I've noticed that too. The PM system seems to come and go on this board. I'll email you.

DJKMatt
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Italy

Unread post by DJKMatt » April 4th, 2012, 11:48 pm

The SCU was in the later 90' under the pressure of the law,nowadays is seem to be emerging again,with strong links with the Camorra and the 'Ndrangheta,along with Albanians. The last year,Albino Prudentino,the boss of the Brindisi SCU,was extradited from Albania,because he's got political couplings and they started to build casinòs,restaurant and importing coke from Apulia,with the help of the 'Ndrangheta.
Another curious things is the friendship between Prudentino and Shpresa Brecani,nephew of the first minister Berisha.

On the Stidda i can say which is a mob pax betwen Cosa Nostra and Stidda in several area of Sicily,as Gela,Agrigento. Because in the other area of the map,like Palermo,Catania,Messina there isn't a strong presence of the Stidda,because the historycal presence of Cosa Nostra.