Why Would A Free Man With Two Strikes............?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » September 14th, 2007, 2:28 pm

""" 3 strikes didnt improve the situation
it jst help increase the jail population"""""

real talk

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Why Would A Free Man With Two Strikes............?

Unread post by justice league » October 17th, 2007, 5:11 pm

Common Sense wrote:Why would a free man with two strikes be walking down the street around the corner from the police station smoking bud and with drugs in his pocket?

Happened to a fool I know in Texas. Wants to know why everything always happens to him...LOL.

TRUE STORY:

exceptionally good looking intelligent guy from a $$$ comfortable background and good education, acquitted for gang related two murders before he was 20, now in early 30s.... Can work it with just about any female he attempts to play,.... has a rap sheet that looks like a civil code directory, has 2 strikes ... seems to get out of a third with forgery and grand theft charges by pleading drug dependancy as a source of bad decision making ... FINALLY loses his number... gets an assault charge three days before the date .... still manages to stay in county and avoid extending that number....

runs into another opportunity to commit grand theft and forgery... gets caught red handed... does county time... and instead of getting that third strike, goes to Delancy Street.... everyonbe who knows him has money on whether he gets kicked out of D St or finishes the prgram and picks up a new number...

his reasoning?
he is so institutionalized he CANT do life on the streets.
he still blames everyone and everything but his own lack of morality.

my money is on him finishing D st and picking up a fresh #.....

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 17th, 2007, 9:40 pm

1. second strikers are usually habitual criminals with more than "three strikes" per se in terms of dirt under their criminal history such as having 15 or more arrests under their belt. telling a second striker of this stature to quit crime is like telling a smoker to quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey. know how hard that is?

Keyword: 'usually', but there are exceptions.

2. second strikers also consist of habitual drug offenders. we all know what drugs can do to one's system and how addicting it may be and know what a clucker or crackhead would do to support his or her habits.

A drug offense does not quailify as a violent crime/second strike until you have two strikes.

3. most second strikers didn't or don't know that a third strike can also be a misdemeanor since the PROSECUTOR has discretion to file it as a FELONY, making it a third strike.

TRUE!

Three strikes, the way it is now, is like a broad fish net, catching a huge chunk of the criminal population, who for the most part are financially strapped minorities.

the law doesn't seem to be doing its job in keeping the more serious offenders such as child molestors, rapists, killers in jail.

TRUE AGAIN!

What 'most' people fail to realize is you can go to jail for one robbery, but two/three strikes. If I kick down a door, rob the wife, and the father, then I have 2 counts of robbery and a burglary or home invasion. If I make the wife go into the closet in the next room I have a kidnap charge....

There is a well known Blood that i know very well who had spent alot of time in prison for violence.. him and his girl went to the grocery store and his girl used a stolen credit card to purchase the groceries. The security guard grabbed HIM, and he was charged with Burglary because of his prior robbery convictions.. he struck out. Nevermind he is not the one who slid the card, and that any other human being it would have been grand theft, petti theft, or forgery.

Sme things that happen are just unfortunate... because I have two strikes it doesn't mean that I parole to a good paying job in a wealthy community. It also doesn't mean that i have to adapt to being poor, and happy living in the projects. I still have to worry about (hypothetically if I were from 52PB) 38th Street, 56 BSV, or East Coast Crips shooting at me, I may feel the need to stay ready so i don't have to second guess myself as a parapelgic with half of my head missing like Lil Crazy De from 83GC.....

Life is about choices... but the laws that govern minority/low income areas are not always lenient or as clean cut as we would like to believe.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 23rd, 2007, 7:58 am

Write a book braggin' about all of his gang related crimes, and burgaleries?

Gang Member Sentenced to 126 Years in Jail for Heist Described In Memoir
Sunday ,

October 21, 2007

RIVERSIDE, Calif.

A former gang member convicted in a jewelry heist that resembled robberies he described in his memoir has been sentenced to 126 years in prison.

Colton Simpson, 41, declined to speak during Friday's sentencing hearing and showed no reaction when Superior Court Judge F. Paul Dickerson III issued the sentence.

Simpson, who has previous felony convictions, was sentenced under the state's three strikes law. He was found guilty of robbery, burglary and grand theft for his role in a 2003 heist at a Robinsons-May Co. department store jewelry counter in Temecula.

Simpson was accused of being the mastermind and getaway car driver. Two unidentified men, who were not prosecuted, were accused of entering the store and actually pulling off the heist.

Dickerson permitted Simpson's 2005 memoir, "Inside the Crips: Life Inside L.A.'s Most Notorious Gang," to be presented as evidence during the trial.

Prosecutors argued that a visit by Simpson to the jewelry counter two days before the robbery was similar to scenes in the book.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 23rd, 2007, 9:30 am

Every single sole that I run across keeps talking about his literary works got him in trouble, which is obviously true. So they tell me how dumb it is to write a book, and/or they are not putting their book out. But...

Nobody says anything about monster Kody's book, brag, and behaviour in the community and life of gangs..

Colton's mistake was that he apparently was still involved in similar things that he wrote about, so it appeared to be a serious connection/pattern.

Now if Monster is seen near a body that has been chopped up, his book, too, will be admitted into court.

----------

i think the sentence is too harsh considering he was not seen the day of the crime and was only found to have an earring. Any other person would have had a 'receiving stolen property' charge.

Anyway... he's been like whodini in the past... he's gotten out of prison twice before.. I believe this is why they didn't give him something like 25 to Life.. because 3 strikes may get overturned. They probaly also mad because he never snitched on his co-defendants who they claim actually robbed the store under his directions.. i.e. mastermind

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 23rd, 2007, 9:36 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:Nobody says anything about monster Kody's book, brag, and behaviour in the community and life of gangs..
That's true. It never comes up. I'm not sure if he's still bangin' or not. Maybe that has something to do with it.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by SouljahGirl » November 17th, 2008, 5:55 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:1. second strikers are usually habitual criminals with more than "three strikes" per se in terms of dirt under their criminal history such as having 15 or more arrests under their belt. telling a second striker of this stature to quit crime is like telling a smoker to quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey. know how hard that is?

Keyword: 'usually', but there are exceptions.

2. second strikers also consist of habitual drug offenders. we all know what drugs can do to one's system and how addicting it may be and know what a clucker or crackhead would do to support his or her habits.

A drug offense does not quailify as a violent crime/second strike until you have two strikes.

3. most second strikers didn't or don't know that a third strike can also be a misdemeanor since the PROSECUTOR has discretion to file it as a FELONY, making it a third strike.

TRUE!

Three strikes, the way it is now, is like a broad fish net, catching a huge chunk of the criminal population, who for the most part are financially strapped minorities.

the law doesn't seem to be doing its job in keeping the more serious offenders such as child molestors, rapists, killers in jail.

TRUE AGAIN!

What 'most' people fail to realize is you can go to jail for one robbery, but two/three strikes. If I kick down a door, rob the wife, and the father, then I have 2 counts of robbery and a burglary or home invasion. If I make the wife go into the closet in the next room I have a kidnap charge....

There is a well known Blood that i know very well who had spent alot of time in prison for violence.. him and his girl went to the grocery store and his girl used a stolen credit card to purchase the groceries. The security guard grabbed HIM, and he was charged with Burglary because of his prior robbery convictions.. he struck out. Nevermind he is not the one who slid the card, and that any other human being it would have been grand theft, petti theft, or forgery.

Sme things that happen are just unfortunate... because I have two strikes it doesn't mean that I parole to a good paying job in a wealthy community. It also doesn't mean that i have to adapt to being poor, and happy living in the projects. I still have to worry about (hypothetically if I were from 52PB) 38th Street, 56 BSV, or East Coast Crips shooting at me, I may feel the need to stay ready so i don't have to second guess myself as a parapelgic with half of my head missing like Lil Crazy De from 83GC.....

Life is about choices... but the laws that govern minority/low income areas are not always lenient or as clean cut as we would like to believe.
What can be done about this law.. Is there anyone out there that is fighting to get this law revised ?

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » November 17th, 2008, 7:35 pm

SouljahGirl wrote: What can be done about this law.. Is there anyone out there that is fighting to get this law revised ?
There were several groups trying to have this iniative rewritten, but it seems they were raising the money to fund their own non profit organizations.

You have to get so many signatures and raise so much money to have it placed on the ballot...

The sad thing is so many people 'think' they know how this law works but they truly don't understand it correctly... you don't have to go to prison 3 times to strike out.. and you don't have to commit three violent felonies to strike out either... the third strike can be something as simple as receiving stolen property or attempting to break a car window.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 17th, 2008, 10:12 pm

yea i sow that on TV some time way back ...some man in cali stole a casset tape and went to jail for life...im like wtf thats not even a felony not even close.

this law does need to go

its funny if someone from Cali came to texas they would be suprised...i know a bunch of people who are on their 8th felony

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » November 18th, 2008, 2:29 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:
SouljahGirl wrote: What can be done about this law.. Is there anyone out there that is fighting to get this law revised ?
There were several groups trying to have this iniative rewritten, but it seems they were raising the money to fund their own non profit organizations.

You have to get so many signatures and raise so much money to have it placed on the ballot...

The sad thing is so many people 'think' they know how this law works but they truly don't understand it correctly... you don't have to go to prison 3 times to strike out.. and you don't have to commit three violent felonies to strike out either... the third strike can be something as simple as receiving stolen property or attempting to break a car window.
To have what PLACED ON THE BALLOT.. I don't see a revision worth supporting.. Do you

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » November 18th, 2008, 2:48 pm

To have what PLACED ON THE BALLOT.. I don't see a revision worth supporting.. Do you

I liked the one that i think the late JohnnyCochran was pushing.. it made burglary in the day time with no one home a non violent felony. You'd be surprised how many people have struck out for residential burglary, car burglary, some form of shoplifting, petty theft, credit card fraud, etc with a prior can and have also been upgraded to burglary.. which has sent many men to prison for life instead of 5,7 or maybe even 18 years.. these guys may as well commit much more violent crimes or take someone with them before they get taken down for life.

i know this one dude who was a gang banger.. he got a job flipping burgers and quit banging, then he started smoking crack... he seen this garage open and so he walked in there and stole the lawn mower.. he struck out for burglary. It seems 10-20, maybe even 25 years behind bars for a drug addict is not enough for the masses/lawmakers.. whereas the importer of those drugs, and the street dealer continues to exploit these addicts and ruin families... on top of that.. there needs to be some form of drug treatment for this guy.. especially since he quit his violent behavior.. thats why he started flipping burgers in the first place because he was scared too strike out for carrying a gun or a gang retaliation- hefound employment to change his life but then he got hooked on drugs when he couldn't afford to keep his family together finanically.. slipped up and took that lawnmower.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » November 18th, 2008, 4:21 pm

I keep telling you:
The Police are the Overseers and the Prisons are the Plantations.. Modern Day Slavery. They could not legally enslave us so they worked on enslaving our minds and controling our thoughts.

We have become Self Re-Fueling.. We rear our children in a culture that was designed for us. This drug and alchohol culture was not that of our people. Our people were a God Fearing people who walked in an Intergrety rarley seen today..

Our children were always the cleanest on the block, ( which is why they hired us as Nanny's ) We were a Church going, hym singing, Praise giving people. But No!! That wasn't good enough for us.. We wanted to be like them.. We wanted to act WHITE.. As if to say, the white way, ( BOOZE, DRUGS, Imoral Sexual Behavior ) was the better way...

If you look at the very old movies, ( you know the ones that came out before black folks were allowed on screen. ) You will see that the bad boy image, the delinquint, the felon, all were white men. That was THEIR way of life. Not ours

These films made it cool to be a BAD BOY.. Our stupid asses were not satified with being Marcus Garvy's Or Harriette Tubmans.. We were not proud to be Mary Bethune's or Madam CJ Walkers, We wanted to be James Dean and May West's.. or other bad / imoral charectors

We imulated their charectors. We thought it was cool to be the bad kid.. We seperated from the institues of higher education and took to the life of crime. We thought " Who needed education when I got all this money right now..

Well now look where we at..

BUT YOU DON'T HEAR ME THO

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » November 18th, 2008, 4:50 pm

The Police are the Overseers and the Prisons are the Plantations.. Modern Day Slavery. They could not legally enslave us so they worked on enslaving our minds and controling our thoughts.

Don't be so ruthless...

. Our people were a God Fearing people who walked in an Intergrety rarley seen today..

True.

Our children were always the cleanest on the block, ( which is why they hired us as Nanny's ) We were a Church going, hym singing, Praise giving people. But No!! That wasn't good enough for us.. We wanted to be like them.. We wanted to act WHITE.. As if to say, the white way, ( BOOZE, DRUGS, Imoral Sexual Behavior ) was the better way...

You have to remember, it started with slavery with the house nigger, and then abolishing slavery, and again with equal rights. No one wanted to be a second class citizen, and so all we had to look up to at the time was whites. That in itself helped to divide us as a people. Not everybody was willing to forgive the oppressor for slavery and the tough path out of poverty. Our riders were no longer willing to follow the teachings of Malcolm X, Huey P. Newton or George jackson, they were happy with being americanized and chose not to reflect on the prejudices, and injustices done onto them. In my estimation that weakened us..

If you look at the very old movies, ( you know the ones that came out before black folks were allowed on screen. ) You will see that the bad boy image, the delinquint, the felon, all were white men. That was THEIR way of life. Not ours

But you can't deny our ignorance (against our will), hostility, and anger. We have been violent people for a long time souljah, we just didn't know how to be crafty and as deceitful as the oppressor but no one said you couldn't try harder to succeed the right way, like Thurgood Marshall or Barak Obama.

These films made it cool to be a BAD BOY.. Our stupid asses were not satified with being Marcus Garvy's Or Harriette Tubmans.. We were not proud to be Mary Bethune's or Madam CJ Walkers, We wanted to be James Dean and May West's.. or other bad / imoral charectors

Billy The Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, Al Capone, and so forth.

Who needed education when I got all this money right now..

Damn right! Because we weren't used to having money and knowing what to do with it. Thats why education was so important.. finances, preparng for the future etc

i conclude, now look where we at.. and as one wise woman recently said to me,

BUT YOU DON'T HEAR ME THO!

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » November 18th, 2008, 6:46 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:The Police are the Overseers and the Prisons are the Plantations.. Modern Day Slavery. They could not legally enslave us so they worked on enslaving our minds and controling our thoughts.

Don't be so ruthless... Why, what they gonna do KILL ME.. So what if they Do.. At least I'll be at Peace

. Our people were a God Fearing people who walked in an Intergrety rarley seen today..

True.

You have to remember, it started with slavery with the house nigger, and then abolishing slavery, and again with equal rights. No one wanted to be a second class citizen, and so all we had to look up to at the time was whites.I see That in itself helped to divide us as a people. Not everybody was willing to forgive the oppressor for slavery and the tough path out of poverty. Our riders were no longer willing to follow the teachings of Malcolm X, Huey P. Newton or George jackson, they were happy with being americanized and chose not to reflect on the prejudices, and injustices done onto them. In my estimation that weakened us.. It may have

But you can't deny our ignorance (against our will), hostility, and anger. We have been violent people for a long time souljah,we just didn't know how to be crafty and as deceitful as the oppressor but no one said you couldn't try harder to succeed the right way, I agree and I see it today. We set our kids up for failure by exposing them to the game.. I remember when the connect first started, we did NOT sell dope in front of our kids. We did not sell to pregnant woman, we did not sell to old people.. Parents today dont have an education and don't give a dam about their children being educated.. Or SO IT SEEMS like Thurgood Marshall or Barak Obama.

Billy The Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, Al Capone, and so forth.

Who needed education when I got all this money right now..

Damn right! Because we weren't used to having money and knowing what to do with it. Thats why education was so important.. finances, preparng for the future etcWell what the hell happened. Looks to me like HOOD folk, no matter what race or nationality, are missing out on LIFE.. We actually got life F&^%ED UP

i conclude, now look where we at.. and as one wise woman recently said to me,

BUT YOU DON'T HEAR ME THO!